Early morning light

Very nice shot,the bigger size on flickr is even better.:)

i like that too, nice and even much much better when viewed in flickr at higher resolutions and full screen. Not sure whether F22 would have been necessary, maybe F13, would have cut down your exposure time and minimized any movement with the leaves, which I cant see much at full resolution anyway, but would have made it that little bit sharper on the foliage

Very nice,Paul. I'm wondering if I've seen a photo on here taken at this location quite a while ago..a big freeze was on and the canal,with barges on it, was frozen. Maybe one of yours.

A bit more effort for sure but you're right in thinking ' cable'..also mirror lock up, as you say, every bit helps. In a book I read,by Scott Kelby (of Adobe fame) at the start of my photography he said, 'Be married to your tripod' and went on to recommend a cable release and mirror lock up too. It really does make a difference. I'd be going for f11-13 too for this scene…as mentioned by Carl. I once read that there's not much to be gained at anything above f11 regarding front to back sharpness. Anything above that is light/movement control.

Back