Early Morning Swans

Edit My Images
Yes
A few swan shots from the other morning when I got up to photograph the sunrise.

2654238872_0eedda7c0f_o.jpg

2654239298_257829c321_o.jpg

2653415943_912fc440a2_o.jpg

C&C welcome :)

Fascinating differences in the colour of the water. Is it moulting season for swans?

great!:) what time?

About 6.30am by the time I had started to take pictures of the swans.

Fascinating differences in the colour of the water. Is it moulting season for swans?

The differences in the water colour came from the sun rising and then going behind the clouds that where just rolling in at that point. As for the moulting I think they are young swans but I could be wrong. :shrug:

I agree, no1.

like the first one very much, im still new to this and went to try shoot a few bird shots my self to day, but none as good as these, whats the best camera setting for this? bearing in mind iv only got a 18-55mm lens

I used the canon 70-200 f4L in Av mode f8. Basically its just a matter of getting the sun at a sunrise/sunset and angle yourself so the sun is reflected off the water just behind the swan. This then gives you the golden reflection and the silhuette effect.

Mute swans moult anytime from June to October..........(y)

Numbers 1 and 2 stand out for me, #1 being different and very subtle, is it cropped from the original? I ask because I feel it would be even better than it is if there was more of the bird there.

(y)

number 1 is a corking shot

Lovely series of shots, time of day really does make a difference. (y)

Numbers 1 and 2 stand out for me, #1 being different and very subtle, is it cropped from the original? I ask because I feel it would be even better than it is if there was more of the bird there.

(y)

It is cropped a tiny bit i think just but just dead space not any of the actual swan. I had to frame it in quite close because there was a lot of other swans in close vicinity and I wanted to try get the swan isolated with just the golden water.

they are beautiful

It is cropped a tiny bit i think just but just dead space not any of the actual swan. I had to frame it in quite close because there was a lot of other swans in close vicinity and I wanted to try get the swan isolated with just the golden water.

Still an exceptional shot, simply because it is different.............:clap:

i love the fact you can see the light through their nostrils.

:clap:Excellent set with 1 and 2 being real eye catchers.

I wonder if No 1 would benefit from having the white spot on its beak cloned out.

Tom

Back