Early Sunday morning, Blyth beach (4th pic added in thread)

Great pics, although #1 is a great groyne shot I'm drawn to the warmth and composition of #2 and #3, excellent wall material :)

Love the colours and the slow shutter speed of the 1st one, and the 3rd has lovely light as well as a nice composition.

Second image does not have enough going on for me. My eye is just drawn straight to the sun.

1 and 3 for me , love the colours in no.1. Blyth is always overcast and moody everytime i've been up.

An excellentb set of images, very strong composition and clour in the all. Number two is my favourite, but all are great!

Thanks for comments folks - much appreciated. I took the sun shot because I'd never noticed it casting a separate reflection above the horizon before. I have seen it were it has appeared to have been stretched, but not completely separated.

Here's another from this morning. Been back three times for this shot. Still work in progress.

Jetty and surf re-visit by Alan Wennington, on Flickr

I like 2 and 3, all are well thought out images. An area i know well from my birding excursions looking for Snow Buntings and Winter gulls, no 2 looks like its taken from a tropical paradise not Blyth. :LOL:

All 4 are superb but I really like numbers 1 and 3 (y) ....although is the sea run slightly downhill to the left in no 3? :thinking:

Great set but I'd go for #1. Go use of the Groyne to pull the eye into the shot and nice use of a longer exposure to capture the drag of the water as it returns out from the beach.

I like 2 and 3, all are well thought out images. An area i know well from my birding excursions looking for Snow Buntings and Winter gulls, no 2 looks like its taken from a tropical paradise not Blyth. :LOL:
Thanks Brian. My first proper "birding" shot was the snow buntings at the yacht club in Feb 2011

All 4 are superb but I really like numbers 1 and 3 (y) ....although is the sea run slightly downhill to the left in no 3? :thinking:
Thank you for your comment. I can't remember straightening #3, and I do believe you're right ;)

Great set but I'd go for #1. Go use of the Groyne to pull the eye into the shot and nice use of a longer exposure to capture the drag of the water as it returns out from the beach.
Spent a lot of time with slow exposures with the surf coming in, until I realised that in most situations, going out produces a better effect. Thanks for your positive feedback

Back