Easter Stages Rally - Isle of Man

Name
Juan
Edit My Images
No
The first forest rally of the 2010 Isle of Man Rally Championship was a muddy single - venue event at Conrhenny plantation. It was cold and muddy, but fun nevertheless!

20100403_5486copy.jpg

20100403_5474.jpg

NigelCannelandNickKaighin.jpg

20100403_5628copy.jpg

20100403_5381.jpg

Last edited:
Couple of nice backdrops there and a good catch on the two wheeler (y)
Wondering if they might benefit from a tad of saturation :thinking:

Thanks all.

Yep - Grandslammer & Rally Media - I think you're both right re contrast and saturation. I've been trying some new Picture Control settings on my D300 and haven't quite found the perfect mix yet!

Thanks all.

Yep - Grandslammer & Rally Media - I think you're both right re contrast and saturation. I've been trying some new Picture Control settings on my D300 and haven't quite found the perfect mix yet!

I've found with my D300 it has been difficult to find a colour balance that suits every situation, so now I have just set them back to default. Adjust levels and curves slightly in PS and add alittle saturation if needed. Much quicker and more constant results.

Really like 4 & 5 (y)
Never seen snow in a rally pic from the isle of man before!
Pete

Forgetting the odd bit of technical stuff that's already been said,these have plenty of life in them and plenty sharp.
Would have liked to see a bit more sky in the crest shots,maybe a more vertical shot perhaps,and a bit more scenic in the Mk 2 shot,but all are well taken .
And I never thought there were forests on the Isle of Man before,so must be an amazing venue for backdrops.
Pons

Thanks again for the comments and advice.

There are a few forests on the Isle of Man. The Easter Stages used to be held over multiple venues, but with money tight, and the proximity to the May National event, this year it was held at a single venue. Still some snow hanging around the sheltered spots. And still bl***y cold!

Here are a couple more for lovers of scenary.....and Novas.....

A bit more contrast on these seems to have done the trick! :clap:

20100403_5568copy.jpg

20100403_5527copy.jpg

Back