Ebay Accounts - I can't believe what I found

Edit My Images
Yes
I was having a wee look for stuff re ChrisMClark's Ebay/Paypal problem and I came across a site that is full of disgruntled Ebay sellers, and they had a sales section so I had a wee look, but what I found was a sales forum where there were ebay accounts for sale and I mean loads of them, some sellers were even doing BOGOF deals!

One seller was even offering a complete package with nearly two dozen accounts and a laptop to run them from.

I'm not going to name or link to the site for obvious reasons, but it just shows you really need to be careful on Fleabay...

thats scary, i hardly use ebay now unless its for cheap bits, like a lens cap etc.

I was having a wee look for stuff re ChrisMClark's Ebay/Paypal problem and I came across a site that is full of disgruntled Ebay sellers, and they had a sales section so I had a wee look, but what I found was a sales forum where there were ebay accounts for sale and I mean loads of them, some sellers were even doing BOGOF deals!

One seller was even offering a complete package with nearly two dozen accounts and a laptop to run them from.

I'm not going to name or link to the site for obvious reasons, but it just shows you really need to be careful on Fleabay...

Could you not report it to ebay. I`ve never used ebay and I don`t think I ever will.

Buyer beware.:eek::eek:

So basically all's it needs is for a few Nigerian scammers to get together, buy a few good accounts and make a killing, i'm seriously thinking of closing my account as ebay just don't seem to give a toss about their customers.

Ebay - A great idea ruined by the greedy morons! It was amazing when it first started but these days it seems almost everything on there is either a scam or a forign shop.

So basically all's it needs is for a few Nigerian scammers to get together, buy a few good accounts and make a killing, i'm seriously thinking of closing my account as ebay just don't seem to give a toss about their customers.

They don't - they'll close someone's account right away for selling dodgy software, but it really seems as if they can't be bothered tackling the bigger problems.

I'm just reading some more stuff on the forum, it tells people how to do things like open bogus ebay and paypal accounts and how to get round the security checks :shake:

Just out of interest what other good auction sites are on the net, does anyone use any others or could recommend others ?

Seems like a job for watchdog they`ve had ebay on before, send them the link and explain what`s happening

Linky to watchdog
http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

I was just thinking that myself, they do keep there eye on ebay, they had an ebay representative on there recently, it's a very good idea go for it Flash (y)

I went to ebay yesterday and as soon as the page loaded it started to install the latest version of Skype. Others tell me they've had the same issue since ebay took over Skype.

Now I use Skype when I'm travelling and I like it, but I think I'll be finding an alternative solution in future.

Last edited:
I had another Skype-type system that was quite good, it required a landline though and just routed your calls via the internet. It was part-owned by an Israeli guy I know and all the calls were totally free.

No idea how it works though and I can't remember it's name either :bang:

I had another Skype-type system that was quite good, it required a landline though and just routed your calls via the internet. It was part-owned by an Israeli guy I know and all the calls were totally free.

Vonage??

Not Vonage, no. It'll come to me eventually, I'm sure there was someone Swedish or Swiss or Belgian or something like that involved in the company as well...

Flash this is one of the things i was referring to on my post in Out Of Focus.

If just got back from the mother-in-laws
Her ebay account was hacked earlier this week. It seems scarily easy how they did it and it wasn't a phishing 'click this link' email either!

Ebay were helpful to a degree, but now I fall into the growing majority who have either had an account hacked or know someone who has.

Maybe that explains some ebay china sellers that just appear and they have thousands of feedbacks already though you haven't seen them before.

If just got back from the mother-in-laws
Her ebay account was hacked earlier this week. It seems scarily easy how they did it and it wasn't a phishing 'click this link' email either!

Ebay were helpful to a degree, but now I fall into the growing majority who have either had an account hacked or know someone who has.

My account got hacked somehow and I never get sucked into phishing emails, indeed my filter does most of the job for me, but they are usually obviously dodgy emails...

Anyhow, I found out my account was selling about 350 sets of pink lingerie...
As funny as this was, ebay were helpful, and i had my account back in due course; but I got screwed over... badly. They changed my automatic paypal email address to an account with the same login except an extra 'dot', and so the next time I sold something, the money got skimmed off to an account held in China :bang:

So... be careful folks...

LoL just had a quick look around on the net after reading about this here and the cheek of it is simply amazing.

Accounts going from $60 to $120 and he even accepts payment via paypal

Ebay - A great idea ruined by the greedy morons! It was amazing when it first started but these days it seems almost everything on there is either a scam or a forign shop.

What do you expect, ebay restricted to just British retailers? :wacky:

:eek:Just had a quick search on the net and I am astounded at the amount of accounts for sale!! I'm just off to cancel mine!

What do you expect, ebay restricted to just British retailers? :wacky:

Not necessarily but I do know what he is saying, it was much better
and "honest" a few years back

I use "Fring" on my E71.

That's amazing. I just did a search and found a site selling ebay accounts.

prices for them:

november 2004 registered = 90$
march 2006 registered = 75$
january 2007 registered = 60$

also if you want i can make feedback for them in just 2 days and price list with feedback:

november 2004 registered with 5 feedback = 120$
march 2006 registered with 5 feedback = 100$
january 2007 registered with 5 feedback = 80$

november 2004 registered with 10 feedback = 150$
march 2006 registered with 10 feedback = 120$
january 2007 registered with 10 feedback = 100$

you can pay via PayPal.

I wonder how much I can get for mine? Registered 2004 with almost 200 feedback, 100% positive.

That's amazing. I just did a search and found a site selling ebay accounts.

I wonder how much I can get for mine? Registered 2004 with almost 200 feedback, 100% positive.

Right enough, it's quite scary...

it really is a shame when it first started it was fantastic i myself used to earn a living from it for 5 years plus i took about £1000-£2000 a month my best ever being over £4000 just from carboot stuff belive it or not. It was fantastic every day getting up picturing and listing more stuff and just watching the listings turn green ahhhhh the days of easy money.

Now i wouldnt touch it with a bargepole not even to buy a cheap lens it really is a load of acrp these days scam after scam after scam

what a real shame

Back