Ebay/Paypal: What in the ******* world is eCheque??

Edit My Images
No
This is totally another paypal scam, isn't it?

Ok back story: I bought something on ebay, I was excited like ****, right up till I went to check out. Now, this has NEVER happened to me before, but I was told that I COULDN'T pay with the instant bank transfer I normally use, but instead I had to use an echeque. However the money comes out my account is not my business, except this time they are telling me it might take up till the 22nd to clear.

Now: what in the world IS an echeque and why can't I pay like I always have? Has anyone experienced this before? Will it really take ELEVEN days for my payment to clear, which presumably means I have to wait like two weeks for my item??

I am sad.

Best check with the seller and ebay/paypal .
I get these quite frequently, not sure why they processed it this way but your seller should get an email from paypal similar to this....

"Funds Are on the Way!

Dear xxxx,

You have received a payment by eCheque. You will receive the money in about 7-9 working days (estimated:19/02/2010-23/02/2010). We recommend that you wait until the money arrives before posting items. Don't worry, we'll email you when this eCheque payment has been deposited into your PayPal account.

When you are paid by eCheque the following interrelated payment orders are processed:

1. The buyer's bank gets a request to pay PayPal and PayPal receives the funds from the bank.
2. PayPal holds the payment amount for the buyer in your account, releasing the money to your PayPal account once the funds have cleared and are no longer at risk of being reversed by the buyer's bank...............cut/snip details"

i had that happen to one of my purchases, didnt know why it did it, but the next time i paid for something it went back to normal. dont worry, seller gets the money its all good!

An echeque is fundind by a bank account rather than a Paypal balance or credit card, don`t send the goods until it clears (can take up to 9 nine working days, I believe) :|

dont worry, seller gets the money its all good!

In my experience, eCheques are often stopped by the customer's bank. Even with past customers I never now send an order before the eCheque has cleared.

Oh boy, I'm just worried that its all going to look so dodgy on my part, but really its never happened before :( Is it a random thing, or must I have done something to trigger it??

paypal is evil!

Paypal usually use an echeque when the purchaser does not have a credit card link to their paypal account and they don't have the funds in their paypal account.
A credit card is linked to ones paypal account basically only for a secondary payment option.
I never keep any money in my paypal account but anyone I send a payment to gets an instant payment and the money comes out of my bank account within a few days.
I assume that paypal will take the money via a credit card if there isn't enough funds in a members bank account.
I forgot to update my credit card details with paypal when I changed the card I use a few years ago and I ended up waiting for an echeque to clear the funds into a sellers account.

Paypal usually use an echeque when the purchaser does not have a credit card link to their paypal account and they don't have the funds in their paypal account.
A credit card is linked to ones paypal account basically only for a secondary payment option.
I never keep any money in my paypal account but anyone I send a payment to gets an instant payment and the money comes out of my bank account within a few days.
I assume that paypal will take the money via a credit card if there isn't enough funds in a members bank account.
I forgot to update my credit card details with paypal when I changed the card I use a few years ago and I ended up waiting for an echeque to clear the funds into a sellers account.

What he said but alot clearer than what I was going to say :D

Oh, I guess that makes some kinda sense! Thanks guys!

Ok so I've now linked a credit card to my paypal (had stashed it away somewhere so I wouldn't be tempted to spend more than i CAN :cool:), does this mean that as long as its not expired etc I won't have to worry about having to use an echeque again?

Well, well, fingers crossed it'll clear quickly!

Oh, I guess that makes some kinda sense! Thanks guys!

Ok so I've now linked a credit card to my paypal (had stashed it away somewhere so I wouldn't be tempted to spend more than i CAN :cool:), does this mean that as long as its not expired etc I won't have to worry about having to use an echeque again?

Well, well, fingers crossed it'll clear quickly!

Yes you should be fine now.

Back