ebay Quick Strap £20 (Black Rapid clone?) any good? - UPDATE got one!

This is the one: http://www.optech-europe.com/optech-dual-harness.htm

dual%20harness.jpg
of course it is:bonk:,
i tried one and found the straps on the camera got in the way of your face, also people moan about the ebay ones but this has 2 plastic clips and thats it.
look at the video when he uses it you will see what i mean.

Last edited:
When I made the decision it was between the black rapid and the spider.
I bought the black rapid because using the spider would be awkward when you're on one knee and crouching to get a lower view point of your subject. The lens would be in contact with the ground causing damage.
In hindsight I made the right decision as the black rapid is perfect for me shooting weddings having to have instant access to two bodies.

Well that's my first rally done with the Op Tech dual harness and I'm very happy, had a 1Ds with 24-105 and Sunpak PF30x on the left side, a 1D Mk2 with 70-200 F4IS and 430 exII on the other side, used them for up to 3 hours at a time without any fatigue, the cameras are right where I need them (once I'd set up the straps to be the right length) and the whole rig seems very secure.

The harness even fits over enough coats required to keep the wind coming off the Irish Sea at Blackpool out.

I also got an Op Tech pro strap which uses the same camera end connectors so if I only want one body at a time on a neck strap it is an easy switch.

Back