Ebay: Seller wants to cancel transaction even though I've got item..

Edit My Images
Yes
As per title:

He emailed me after he had posted the item saying he wanted to cancel the transaction after 7 days of me receiving item so he doesn;t have to pay the ebay fees etc.

I'm really happy with the item and is as advertised.

I realise this is against ebay rules etc. Should I report him? Should I decline the cancellation?

if he has recieved your payment and you have recieved the item the contract has been concluded. report him to ebay with any and all emails recieved from him.

A bit of dishonesty can go a long way!

Who's to say you're the only one he's trying this with? if you go along and someone else reports him and eBay investigate you could lose your own account.

Have you given the seller feedback yet? If you do, it might make it harder fro the seller to try to cancel the transaction

He sold it, you bought it, end of. I don't think he has any right to ask for the item back.

What have i missed Gramps?

cancel the transaction and get a refund from paypal
that'll teach him

I'd probably just ignore the email as the transaction is now "dun & dusted" for all intents.

I remember selling a high value item (about £500) only to have the buyer email me back a few days after he had received it asking me if I would like to "buy it back for £250".

My conclusion was that it sounded a bit "strange" and ignored the email and heard nothing more.

Is there any honesty left anywhere in this world?

dekeyboy said:

Yes, of course there is. Just not with this seller. ;)

It's declining, probably because many people have lost the understanding of right and wrong e.g.

• It's a big company so it doesn't matter.
  • It's tax, everybody does it.
  • Isn't that what insurance is for.
  • It's only little, they won't miss it.

Could go on...

Bit difficult if the seller posted the item and still has the proof of postage and delivery.

Indeed but the seller wishes to cancel the transaction which is wrong IMO
as we all know he is dishonestly trying to avoid paying his ebay fees

Last edited:
Indeed but the seller wishes to cancel the transaction which is wrong IMO
as we all know he is dishonestly trying to avoid paying his ebay fees

I agree with that, I was just pointing out it wouldn't be possible for the buyer to "cancel the transaction and get a refund from Paypal".

Dave1 said:
I agree with that, I was just pointing out it wouldn't be possible for the buyer to "cancel the transaction and get a refund from Paypal".

I wonder if that might actually be a condition of cancelling a transaction, being that the Ebay and Paypal systems are linked.

It would be poetic justice if the seller did try and get a fee refund and in doing so caused his buyer to be refunded too :LOL:

Back