ebay

new situation here -

sold a sigma lens in ebay. it was all good, minty etc.

seller gets it, says that there are massive amounts of dust in the lens, shows examples of it.

he doesn't want to deal with RM , the item was sent via RMSD.

could somebody please give an expertise - where the hell did all the dust come from in all of a sudden ?

I'm ****ed !!!! the buyer has now opened a case with ebay. and all he wants is to return the ****** item and get a refund.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang::bang::bang:

Seems like you're being conned.

If he has opened an Ebay case, no matter what, Ebay will find in favour of the buyer and give them a full refund. (they may have already freezed the funds)

If upon return you find that its not the same lens and ebay refunds the buyer, call Ebay customer support (yes Ebay has now a very efficient customer service) and let them know its not the item you supplied, ebay will refund your money

new situation here -

sold a sigma lens in ebay. it was all good, minty etc.

seller gets it, says that there are massive amounts of dust in the lens, shows examples of it.

he doesn't want to deal with RM , the item was sent via RMSD.

could somebody please give an expertise - where the hell did all the dust come from in all of a sudden ?

I'm ****ed !!!! the buyer has now opened a case with ebay. and all he wants is to return the ****** item and get a refund.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang::bang::bang:

How on earth could Royal Mail be held accountable :shrug:

However, it looks like you are being scammed anyway.

Hopefully you have the serial noted or a picture of it somewhere so you can prove the lens is or isn't yours

are here any equipment whiz kids who could tell if it's possible to get such amounts of dust in just one day ?

I would ask the seller to send you the serial number of the lens in question, they maybe genuine but you/we have heard of cases int he past where this kind of thing has happened in the past and just want to be sure, once you know the serial number, if it is the same then refund, if not then they are taking the **** so you can tell them where to go

Find out where he lives .
Then see if there is anyone on here or any other forums that your on close to him willing to go have a look at the said lens .
He ,may back down if you put it to him that there is somebody coming to inspect the lens .

I doubt it too, but it's more a chance to check serial number to see if he is pulling a fast one .

customer service is not being helpful either. I think I got unlucky with an unexperienced advisor.

huh ! what a day !

Back