Edinburgh City Prime Project

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
No
Set myself a project of going to Edinburgh and using only an 18mm f2 Prime lens on my Fujifilm Xpro1

This was one of my fav shots from the shoot throughout the day.

Was fun with only a wide prime with no zoom having to adjust my own position to get the shot. Will be doing it again when my EOS attachment comes for the Xpro and using my L lenses on it.

Lovely scene, I like the composition of the shot and it seems to suit B&W. The coloured spots just above the fence and hint of colour around the lamp are spoiling it for me though. A little tweak to straighten the lampost would be good too.

The image was shot in high contrast B&W setting on Xpro1 but the light didnt show up great so added a small light edit in PS only bit of editing i did while adding WM. Its annoying but didnt want to over edit or over process the image so added light flare and that was all. Good spot though.

Yeah I was slightly confused about the flare showing in colour and was even going to try a B&W with the 18mm to try to replicate it.

Fixed to full B&W now looks as shot with some Vigenette round for added atmosphere.

Back