Edinburgh visit

Name
Garry Wilkinson
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

Ive been away from photography for a while, and have recently got back into it. When i first started i got disheartened at my results and also lack of progress that i seemed to be making, but 2 months ago i decided to brush the dust off my camera and try again with a new attitude towards this fantastic hobby.

In the past i kept comparing my work to that of some of the seasoned togs on this website (my first mistake), I have always liked the effects of HDR photography so after alot of reading up and also learning how to use my camera better (which helped i suppose :bang: ) i went to edinburgh twice in the space of a few months, once during the summer months and once during the winter festival.

Below are pictures that i took during the second visit during the winter festival (which is a recommended visit for anybody as edinburgh is beautiful during the both the summer months and the winter months!!)

Anyway on with the pictures for your critique.

edbhorse.jpg

FountainandCastleHDR.jpg

EDBTownhall.jpg

I like the composition in number two but they all look overcooked to my eye. They look more like paintings than photographs but maybe that was your intention.

Back