Beginner Edinburgh Zoo

That's a nice set of images, the last two work overall for me.

The problem with zoos is how to get a nice shot without fences or glass in the way.
Did you hang over the barrier to get the penguin shot? From what I remember of the penguin enclosure, it has a barrier all the way around, and that angle would be impossible without leaning over.

That's a nice set of images, the last two work overall for me.

Thank you :) I was really pleased with the Chimp one.

The problem with zoos is how to get a nice shot without fences or glass in the way.
Did you hang over the barrier to get the penguin shot? From what I remember of the penguin enclosure, it has a barrier all the way around, and that angle would be impossible without leaning over.

It is an issue, you're right. I'm thinking about doing one of the photography tours that they offer, where they let you in before it opens and promise to give you different views of the animals from a standard zoo visit. For the penguin, I didn't really have to hang over that much. The barriers are reasonably low and this particular one was standing on a high bit in the enclosure.

14991028_10154938020532638_2416243285159702338_o.jpg

I think this could have been a good one, had I not cut off the tail area. Also, maybe the shadow on the right hand side of the face detracts a little?

A good set
I am going to Edinburgh next week,I will visit the zoo if I have time

Back