Eggcellent

Great shots, prefer #1 though where there is the single point of focus.

Would love to see one where all 3 eggs are hit in the same shot!

In #2 and #3, it looks like your aim was low and hit the cardboard instead of the leftmost egg.
Were you aiming/firing in the dark?

Nicely done.. some proper egg cups would give it a bit more wow factor.

to me it looks like a backwards sequence but all PS into one picture
am i correct
he does say he only has a dozen eggs 1 air rifle and 1 camera ?

Thanks for all the comments guys.
They are 3 seperate pictures not one cropped on PS.
The science behind it.... when you click the shutter there is a small degree of mirror bounce, therefore it is impossible to take pictures at this speed. The shot is taken in a dark room and lit with flashes attached to a sound trigger (camera axe). The flashes have the power turned down ie 1/64 - 1/128th power, which limits the amount of time the flash fires (around 1/1000th of a sec). The camera is set to bulb mode then the only image captured is the 1/1000th of a sec the flash fired.....
and the rest is just the maths to work out the ft/sec the gun fires and how long in m/sec to delay the flash trigger :)

Brilliant shots! And really impressed with the thought that went into how to get the shots too; sounds very complicated!

Amazing that this is the ninth post and there are no egg yokes yet

Oh all right... eggscellent shots. You've done all white with these. Me, I'd be too chicken to try that. Still, I won't be beaten and shell try it one day. I might poach your instructions though, as I'd just scramble the technicalities myself. :thinking:

Seriously though - this kind of stuff is really impressive and the science behind it fascinating. Brilliant! (y)

Reminds me of the cover on daltons book 'split second ' Nice pics mate. It's bloody tricky and you did good. I may have a copy of the book somewhere if you want it. Also check out the Einstein flash.. Super short duration. Well done

Back