Eglwysilan

You've got a varied collection there and all have merit. My main comments concern cropping.

Image 1

I think the grass occupies far too much space. The varying blues above the grass are great but the grass dominates. A more square crop starting at the existing top of the image would improve it in my opinion.

Image 2

For me ... cropping on the horizontal just below the upper set of houses, and then cropping out the upper sky so that the horizon was on the lower third would make a stronger image

Image 3

The tree itself is a good shape but it is clipped on both sides and the pylon distracts - it and its wires should be easily removable.

Image 4

In my view ..... cropping to the RHS and the upper part of the image such that the moon is on the upper RH thirds intersection would improve the image.

In case it helps .... I came to these specific views after holding two L-shaped bits of card to the screen and moving them around to see if I thought any cropping would improve them (and in these cases it did (in three of them anyway:))

Wow, thanks for the detailed critique!

a) You're right about this.

View attachment 16763

Much better. It's surprising I didn't try a square crop to start with, given most of my shooting recently has been 6x6 medium format!

2) I've tried cropping this one, but to be honest the more I cut out, the more it emphasises how unsharp those windmills are. Hand-held 300mm isn't my forte :) I think you're right in general, though.

3) Pylons are the bane of my life, shooting around here. It'd definitely be a much better shot without them, but I've mostly decided to just accept them. Waaay too much time would be taken if I took them out of all my shots. (Also, I'm not very good at it)

4) Yup! Right again - the moon does look better there.

View attachment 16764

Thank again!

Glad to be od some help

Regards

Chris

Back