Egypt Reef Pics on a budget

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
No
Here's some unedited pics from a couple of years ago, using a Fuji Z100fd and underwater housing. I know they're mostly rubbish, but I'm hoping they're inspire some of you to upload some of your better pics ;) There seems to be a lack of underwater photo's on here lol Plus, these were done on our first open water (30m) dives, so I was a novice all round :D As you can see by the lack of colour/depth I had no external flash, just the camera and it's housing.
No criticism needed, I already know haha

(First time using Flickr, so hope this works)

DSCF0007 by stujones447, on Flickr

DSCF0026 by stujones447, on Flickr

DSCF0039 by stujones447, on Flickr

DSCF0058 by stujones447, on Flickr

DSCF0129 by stujones447, on Flickr

DSCF0132 by stujones447, on Flickr

Great set Stu i was out there two weeks ago got a cracking Napoleon capture he was about 4-5 foot long and very broad he was playing around with me and my buddy for a good quarter hour.

Cheers... Scary first time you see one coming towards you though aren't they lol. Unfortunately most of my photo's were useless due to either sand being kicked up infront of the camera, or other divers' bubbles :( I think I've got about 5 viable photo's out of 50 from The Thistlegorm dive :(

Im going in about 4 weeks and really looking forward to it. Ive bought a reasonable fuji waterproof compact so looking forward to getting out there and testing it.

The Fuji's aren't too bad really... It was just the flash on mine which let it down. If I could still dive (I can't due to sinus problems), I would definitely have upgraded, it's so addictive :) It even started me off with marine aquariums ;) I'll get some pics of that up another time.

Im going in about 4 weeks and really looking forward to it. Ive bought a reasonable fuji waterproof compact so looking forward to getting out there and testing it.

Hi Ben is it the Fuji Z33WP MATE.

The Fuji's aren't too bad really... It was just the flash on mine which let it down. If I could still dive (I can't due to sinus problems), I would definitely have upgraded, it's so addictive :) It even started me off with marine aquariums ;) I'll get some pics of that up another time.

Ive had a few fuji compacts and a bridge before converting to canon slrs a few years ago and i still don't think you can knock even the cheap little fuji's as long as you don't expect wonders for the price you pay. I actually need to improve my swimming a fair bit before we go but I'm still going to make the most of it and just get out there, no better a place to enjoy it.
Hi Ben is it the Fuji Z33WP MATE.

I think its a Xp60 but dont quote me on it, i read into them quite a bit and this one looked half decent for the money.

You mind me asking how deep you were? I'm off in a couple of weeks and plan to snorkel once or twice whilst im out there. Got a decent point and shoot and a decent waterproof case that will take me to 10m.

Hi John,
Except the last two they're all 18-30m deep (hence the loss of colour). The final two were taken with a disposeable camera snorkelling. HTH, you'll neve be out of the water ;)

(a couple of them may have been at around 10m, like the clowns)

Last edited:
Too many to critique individually Stu, but a very enjoyable set.
Thank you for sharing.

This is the second underwater set in the last week, so I hope this prompts people to post more.
I can't dive and I don't have an underwater housing . . . but I really do like looking at them :)

Thanks for the reply. Let's hope I come back with some just as good :) underwater will be a new venture for me.

Cheers... It's harder than you think when you're a new diver, having to concentrate on not bumping into corals etc ;) It's just point, click, and hope lol.
John, I'm sure yours will be much better !
I'll get some coral macro shots up soon.

(3 or so years ago, I think the camera cost me about £80 (used), and I won the housing for a similar price on ebay)...

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing these,i hear what your saying ,im the other way around , im a DM with my diving but a VERY average photographer.
Most are good colour shots remember to white balance every time you change depth by a few meters(when without flash) ,add this too ` get close get still and get focussed`. And you can get some respectable shots even with P&S cameras.

Cheers ALan

Last edited:
Back