Eilean Donan Castle (Second Image Added)

The castle is sharp and the shot is well exposed. Not sure about the deep shadow areas. think a little more light in the sky may have been better. I'm sure it will make a great large print in any case. good composition.

Nice capture of a classic landscape. Like the colours and the reflection. agree with Robert, image is weekend by the blown out shadow but it is a difficult thing to get right

Is this version any better, have had another go at processing the RAW file.

4376450426_764a204300.jpg

Again bigger version on Flickr site

Last edited:
looks better to me. Having a hint of detail in the shadow area stops you noticing it as a black blob.

Paul, re: 2nd image post:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: good, no excellent work.

I quite like the deep blacks in the original, it really makes the beautifully lit castle pop out of the image.

I think these are both very good shots............particularly the first one now you've done the edit(y)

I took some of this castle in January......but looking at some that others have taken (especially yours), I don't think I managed to get a decent enough vantage point. Bit too far to go for another try though:LOL:

Keith know what you mean about the drive, 11 hours on Saturday was a killer.

:LOL: I was Ok.......slept most of the way.........Ajophotog (Alby) was driving:LOL:

Back