Electric shower problem

Name
Harvey
Edit My Images
Yes
I`ve just replaced my old triton electric shower with a new one because we were having to turn it virtually to cold to be able to use it and that was on the lower heat setting, having replaced it with new one we are having similar issues ,i`ve looked on tritons web site and they say lack of water flow but nothing has been change recently can any one help please?

low water pressure will certainly cause it to run hot (same as flushing the toilet while using the shower makes it hotter).

is your feed from the tank/main partially blocked maybe?

im sure this isn't the problem as you had issue with the old one but when I replaced our old Triton with a new Triton I had flow issue and is was because I had put the hose in the wrong way round meaning the plastic filter thingymajig was at the head end when it should have been at the unit end.. I was stunned something so simple made the difference,

Could be a burst pipe somewhere outside that's causing a drop in pressure. Happened to us a few years ago and the pressure drop was not enough to notice anywhere but the shower.

Flow would affect it, slow leak somewhere underground is often the culprit. Might be worth getting the water company round,could be the stop cock in the street or feed into the property

Pressure and flow are two entirely different problems, if the pipe internal diameter is reduced pressure could well be OK, but flow most likely wouldn't

One is the amount of water delivered, other is with how much force that water arrives

Last edited:
Thanks all the replies guy i don`t have a clue if there`s a reduction in flow through the pipes but looks like i`ll have to contact the waterboard

Try taking the shower head off, put the shower on the cold setting and turn to minimum flow. Turn the flow up gently until you get to the maximum flow. Then slowly turn the control between max flow & min flow a few times. It may not work but its worth a try.
I assume you put a new hose and shower head on?

Electric shower filters can get blocked which can lead to poor flow rates, but asuming the new shower has a new filter that rules that out. It's probably a long shot but there are "Y" shaped shower filters that can be installed anywhere in the shower feed plumbing system, maybe worth looking for if you have moved into the house since the original shower was fitted if you know what I mean. Like I say just a long shot.

If your water pressure is low and you have a tap that's fed directly from the supply (not via the tank) you should be able to tell just by turning on that tap. Ours used to be very strong all the time but as the town became a city and population has grown the water pressure has dropped. I can't shower in the early morning or early evening now as the flow can be very weak and variable, in between there's no problem.

Have you got an isolation valve on the 15mm pipe work to the shower, if so check its the right way round, arrow showing flow, I think the arrow could denote which end of valve is pressure end, but have fixed some shower problems becsuse of these valves being wrong way round, no doubt plumber will come a long and say it doesn't matter on these. But I think it depends on if water is high pressure, then it could affect the flow.

I`ve just replaced my old triton electric shower with a new one because we were having to turn it virtually to cold to be able to use it and that was on the lower heat setting, having replaced it with new one we are having similar issues ,i`ve looked on tritons web site and they say lack of water flow but nothing has been change recently can any one help please?
That's what happened to my last one, (Same make as yours) it was getting impossible to cool it off in the end.
I replaced it and it was fine.
I guess its an outside chance the the new one is also faulty?
Just a thought?

Back