Ely Cathedral

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Out walking the other day with the D200 I prised out of Marianne's grip.....

ely_cath_1.jpg

Excellent shot, something very calming about it.

Lovely framing and you've pinched my sky!!!!! Looks lovely across Dean's Meadow. It took some finding as it has been pretty grey over the cathedral all week!

Beauuuuuutiful sky.

excellent natural framing Barry, very nice

Very nice shot - the composition I like, looks more pleasing than having the cathedral looming over you - much better that it is a distant subject with the trees framing the subject like that. And the colours are superb, very well exposed for the foreground, background and the sky :)

(y)

Hmmmm.... so, with reference to Marianne's Pimms shot. I don't see the same colours (less vivid greens) here IE against the lush greens I had in PS.... baffling!

I did point this out to Marianne last night but dismissed until I saw her balloon shot. It looks like it's gonna pee down with rain on my screen! :shrug:

oh my...now we're pimping this one! You should see this image in PS, it positively glows like velvia...anyone care to copy this into PS and tell us the difference you see if any?

Just done that and your right - much more vibrant in PS, also lets more detail shine through (y)

so its t'internet then?

How odd...hmmm.....maybe its the beta version on internet explorer 7?

I use Firefox but viewed in IE to see what the fuss was about. Both are the same.

Opened in PS and see that shot has an embedded Adobe RGB colour profile (and colours ARE more vibrant). Am I correct in thinking that this is the reason there is a difference as Adobe RGB does not use an ICC profile which browsers use. Or am I talking ******** again :D

edit : Oooh I have been censored :eek:

Back