Emma (26th Feb 09)

Name
Laura
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a shoot with Emma today, she's just started modelling and this was her first outdoor shoot.

IMG_5085bwCS.jpg

IMG_5078CS.jpg

IMG_5076trimCS.jpg

IMG_5075CS.jpg

IMG_5070CS.jpg

IMG_5117CS.jpg

IMG_5064bwCS.jpg

I'm not very experience in portraiture, but here my opinion...

I know she's new to modelling, but her clothing/trainers choice and green eye shadow doesn't really match so it's not very appealing to be honest and that puts me off the photos a bit.

As for the actual shots, it might be just me but I find them a bit too soft, especially with #3 on the models face. As the photographer, you need to watch out for key things like hiding the bra strap under her clothing but that's something anyone can easily just forget. With #6, it looks as if the photo was taken a split second too late as HER right eye looks a bit off.

Hope my comments help..

She has trouble holding her face apparently (her words not mine), and the bra strap was on show deliberately.

First off, a very beautiful model you landed yourself (y) and great shots overall.

No. 1, just nice, really nice. Love the B&W effect, the light and cropping the bit off her head. Love the pose, her facial expression and the showing bra-strap. Works well for me.

No. 2. Again, all is great. My only gripe is one the choice of body paint (make-up). The green doesn’t just make it for me. It’s an ‘80s look, but her dress and demure is all 21st Century. Otherwise, I like it.

No. 3. Slightly out of focus :shrug:. Again, the choice of make-up spoil it for me.

No. 4. Now, that’s one sexy pose. Very well done on that. The whole picture just speaks to me of a natural girl. Somehow the make-up bother is not here much. May be because of the many other colours that come in? The strong pink in her shoes distracts a bit and over-shadows her eyes. It’s the pose that makes this shot (y)

No. 5. Not too keen on the colours and pose. Sorry.

No. 6. Just not my style, at all. Sorry.

No. 7. The best shot of the lot. Really nice smile, great that it’s in B&W (this girl & you seem to be able to pull B&W really well). Great capturing the hair blowing (y)

Thanks for posting and sharing :)

Agree with Wail, beautiful model and I'm sure that given time she will learn to project her beauty to the full.
No 1 is my fav. Luv the expression. No 2 I like least as I feel that the pose makes her legs look unnaturally (for her) very short. No 4 shows the length of her legs better although the pose is not to my taste. I feel that No 6 needs better eye make up, and maybe a higher shooting position so that she is looking slightly up. This would make her eyes appear larger and more open. I like the casual feel of no 7.
All in all not bad for the first outdoor shoot.

For me they are good outdoor snaps, however the posing does nothing for me at all combined with a lack of facial expressions and the wrong choice of makeup in my opinion.
Could have a better use of D.O.F.
But as she is new to the world of modeling, perhaps as she does more shoots , she will improve as will your photographic skills.

Overall not a bad attempt.
Brian.:)

I for one dont like crotch shots as i call them, no4 is a perfect example, the lines just lead to her mid region. Portraits focus should be on the face especially the eyes IMO. You can still do sexy and maintain this.

I dont mind the bra strap in no1, it looks like it was meant to be exposed. If she was smiling more it would help bring these images to life as well

We'll be shooting again soon so will take all this into consideration. I told her to wear silver eye make up because of her top but she wouldn't listen, I'll show her this thread and she'll do as she's told next time :p

Back