Empty Loft Space Of Old Factory

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I'm stepping into un-known territory with these shot; being an avid Aviation Photographer, However I'd really like to start taking delving into other forms of photography between Airport Visits, and I suppose this is the start!

I'm lucky enough to have a large flat above a Cocktail Bar, which has been renovated from a dis-used Factory (I should really know what factory it was, and will find out). Above my flat on the top two floors is a vast amount of empty space, which one day in the very near future will be renovated into flats, therefore I'm taking this opportunity to TRY and get some decent photographs.

You'll see that although I haven't used B&W, however I have whittled down the saturation to try and maintain it's 'cold' feel whilst up there.

I'd love to receive some constructive criticism , and praise if due, and look forward to hearing from you!

Disused Loft Space by Aviation Jim, on Flickr

Stairway to nowhere. by Aviation Jim, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Compositionally I like #1 and #2, but really they aren't jumping out the screen at me.

What processing have you done?

I imagine a really gritty/grungy filter in lightroom or photoshop could work well with these?

Adam,

The only PP I have done was just basic editing, no filters were applied.

Your welcome to have a try at applying a filter for me.

1 is fine: I would like to live here!

The first and fifth for me. I agree with ACW though they would look cool with a grungy/psuedo hdr type effect. A tweak in Topaz maybe

Really like these, particularly number three. You have acheived a really nice range of muted colours that suit the location well.

Back