EN-EL4a battery replacements

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone use a EN-EL4a non Nikon battery in there D3/D700/D300 not the phottix one's but any other type, if so have you found them to be any good ? and do you get the 8fps ? if so which type do you use and where did you purchase them,and how much, many thanks in advance :)

Anyone use one :shrug:

I use a genuine EN-EL4a in my D300. But I was speaking to someone on the weekend, who uses third party EN-EL4a batteries in his D3 and is very happy with them. They lasted longer than the genuine ones, and after several years of use they still showed as being in top condition. Can't remember then brand of them or where he got them from though I'm afraid. But third party batteries generally are pretty good. I think he paid about £20 for them. Hope that helps. :)

What's wrong with the Phottix one? That's what I'm using in my D300/MB-D10 combo. That and the end piece for the grip was something like £30 delivered...

Thanks MK, yes i've used other third party ones before with no problems, i'm just finding it hard to source some EN-EL4A one's, i'm a bit reluctant to go for the phottix one's after the review by FITP, although maybe they have worked out ok now, will have to PM him later to find out :cool:

What's wrong with the Phottix one? That's what I'm using in my D300/MB-D10 combo. That and the end piece for the grip was something like £30 delivered...

Ah beat me to it, sorry Graham, i thought you had problem's with it at first, if you reckon there ok now, i will go for a phottix one, must get off here now, have to go to work :( (y)

Ah beat me to it, sorry Graham, i thought you had problem's with it at first, if you reckon there ok now, i will go for a phottix one, must get off here now, have to go to work :( (y)

Ah,yes I did, but I think it just needed more of an initial charge than I gave it, it's been faultless since then (y)

Graham do you have a link for the ebay shop please, and is ebay the only place you can buy these ? thanks.

Try 7 day shop . com but persoanlly, i am sticking to the original Nikon ones.

Try 7 day shop . com but persoanlly, i am sticking to the original Nikon ones.

Seen this one HERE from 7 day shop but for some reason it's says not suitable for D3 or D300 even though it's a EN-EL4A :thinking:

I've got a few third-party ones and I have to say of the three, one is ultra-reliable (keeps a massive charge), one is okay (keeps a charge for 200 shots) and the other is poor - has a 50-shot charge and that's the newest. Another I bought never ever charged.

For a third of the price against the official Nikon one then they are good value but at a few crucial times the 3rd-party ones have let me down at the wrong time.

Read into that what you will :)

Back