Eneloop Batteries

STARRIDER

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Hi folks..i just bought some eneloop recharcheable AA's for me flashes..
Now..they say they are charged ready to go..anyone got any experience of these batteries..should i charge em first anyway,i think maybe i should..:shrug:

I use them exclusively for all my flash work and they are very good at holding the charge but I would charge them first just to be on the safe side.

Have used Eneloop, Uniross Hybrio and Sony CycleEnergy LSD NiMH and they have all been charged from the packet.

eneloops should be charged in the in the box

I have a question though
I bought 8 of these with a charger from 7dayshop and the charger is useless
very very very very slow and then it never turns off
is there a charger people can recommend that will treat these batteries nicely, charge them in less than 15 hours! and also not overcharge them so I dont' have to time and babysit the cells...

thanks

eneloops should be charged in the in the box

I have a question though
I bought 8 of these with a charger from 7dayshop and the charger is useless
very very very very slow and then it never turns off
is there a charger people can recommend that will treat these batteries nicely, charge them in less than 15 hours! and also not overcharge them so I dont' have to time and babysit the cells...

thanks

I have the 7dayshop 1 hour NI-MH charger. It charges ALL AA +AAA batteries in 1 hour or a little less and stops when fully charged.

Either of these 2 are great chargers.

I have a couple of the BC900 ones and they do an excellent job of charging both NiMH and Hybrid (Eneloop, Hybrio) batteries, and charge each one individually so do not overcharge any.

They are not cheap (similar to the Ansmann mentioned above), but they do look after your batteries, and you can charge them pretty quickly if you need to.

Having said that, advice on charging batteries is that if you do have the time, use the slower settings as they help prolong the life of your batteries. Use fast charge settings infrequently if really necessary.

I have the 7dayshop 1 hour NI-MH charger. It charges ALL AA +AAA batteries in 1 hour or a little less and stops when fully charged.

Same here and it's brilliant, and considering the price it's unbelievable.

Can someone please post a link or the model/part number of the actual charger you are referring to on the 7dayshop website as I can see several chargers there.

Thanks

I have two chargers, a 7dayshop one hour jobbie Model :V-6500, which is great and works as stated. I also have a very very slow charger which takes at least 36 hours to fully charge a new 2500 battery.

I use the slow charger with new batteries as I believe they last longer if you charge then very slowly.

I've always found them to be charged straight out of the pack.
As for chargers, the link C&C gives in post 9 is spot on. I have the BL700 and it's excellent. Not cheap at £28 or so but it'll last for years and it really does give a lot of info about the batteries and the charge it's giving them. The 4 banks are separate and you can easily see the differences between individual batteries. It's also reassuring to see just how closely matched the eneloops are.

Back