Engagement Session - London - Awesome Couple

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
No
Had a great time shooting this e-sesion. Seriously good looking couple! Can't wait to shoot their wedding in a few weeks time. More on the BLOG:

London-engagement-photographer-3.jpg

Last edited:
Love it. Light, airy, sense of scale. Almost like peeking into a private moment.

What pp was done on this,looks very subtle.
Rgds

I'm sorry, but perhaps being old fashioned and behind the times, don't like it.

There are some shots in the set that I really like, technically and compositionally. There are others that I am not a fan of, this whole composition whereby you chop 75% of the person out of the frame, or obsucure them behind the grass, doesn't work for me.

These are excellent, I personally like your style and think your crops are great!

There are some shots in the set that I really like, technically and compositionally. There are others that I am not a fan of, this whole composition whereby you chop 75% of the person out of the frame, or obsucure them behind the grass, doesn't work for me.

It's all the rage. It will be looked back on in years to come in the same way we look at the 'couple in the wine glass' and colour popping :D

Great shot Tom - lovely lines and couple!

Better to shoot a style that might be out of date in 10 years time than shoot a style that's already 10 years out of date.

Did you scout this location out before hand or was it just a passing shot?

Last edited:
And it has to be said it was a rather daft reply. No-one is shooting an out of date style that I'm aware of. Classic wedding photography will always be in demand. You might find it boring/out of date but it is what brides want.

And it has to be said it was a rather daft reply. No-one is shooting an out of date style that I'm aware of. Classic wedding photography will always be in demand. You might find it boring/out of date but it is what brides want.

Silly comment to begin with. Contemporary style will always be in demand, regardless of shape or form. It's not to your taste, just like traditional isn't to a lot of people. People set their stalls out differently, so no reason to have a dig at it because you've decided not to go down that route.

Anyway, this thread is for Tom to share his photos.

Great photos, nice to see something different too and I think it works really well :)

Some really lovely photos here! I don't really dig the hidden behind grass shot and tilt shift isn't my bag either, although as far as tilt shift goes I think you did a really good version. Always a risky one as if it's not quite pulled off it looks awful, but you used it well here even if I don't love the concept of TS.

Some very 'cool' shots in there too which are very editorial / fashion and something a bit different to the norm which I loved

Some really lovely photos here! I don't really dig the hidden behind grass shot and tilt shift isn't my bag either, although as far as tilt shift goes I think you did a really good version. Always a risky one as if it's not quite pulled off it looks awful, but you used it well here even if I don't love the concept of TS.

Some very 'cool' shots in there too which are very editorial / fashion and something a bit different to the norm which I loved

:agree:

I like most of them on the blog, the first two in particular, the shadow shots, the holding hands, and the last 3 or 4 on the blog looks nice and intimate.

Not a fan of the grass shots where their faces are hidden/partially hidden.

The two pics where you have shot them individually with a reflective surface running horizontally through the shot are spoilt a bit by what looks like your own reflection growing out of their heads. Can probably clone it out, shooting from a slightly lower angle would have avoided it.

I really like the whole set.
Refreshingly different.

Very nice set of images. Not really my kind of thing, but I can certainly appreciate the style and what you have done.

Superb set of images. Love the shooting style and processing. :)

I think the set shows a good variety and creativity. Its not easy to shoot so much stuff so differently.

Well done :)

Thanks for looking guys. All your kind words, comments and (some strong) opinions much appreciated.

Contemporary vs Traditional
Mac vc PC
Canon vs Nikon
Ketchup vs Brown Sauce
Gunners vs Spurs :)

We have all been through this, haven't we?:)

At this stage of my life I choose to go with modern and quirky:)

Did you scout this location out before hand or was it just a passing shot?

Yeah, I did Ben but we never actually got to where I scouted:)

Pretty cool to me Tom. This style will always divide but I do like seeing the creative angles, top job. Personally I'm still not sold on the tilt and shift but hey, that's me, i would though be a little more sparingly with it if it were me especially with a smaller set as here.

On this one image alone......I like the couple's expressions, and I like the setting; but there's just too much empty space for me. Sorry.

Absolutely brilliant Tom, so refreshing to see photos like that :)

Thanks Paul!

Pretty cool to me Tom. This style will always divide but I do like seeing the creative angles, top job. Personally I'm still not sold on the tilt and shift but hey, that's me, i would though be a little more sparingly with it if it were me especially with a smaller set as here.

Haha the old good TSE:) photographers' marmite:)

Really loved this set, especially the one on the stairs.

Spence

Cheers Spence. One of my favs too:)

On this one image alone......I like the couple's expressions, and I like the setting; but there's just too much empty space for me. Sorry.

Give me negative space, sprinkle it with lines/geometry of some sort and I could live off it alone:)

But I do understand what you mean:)

Bottom line, quality work Tom. Way above most sets posted on TP.

I do agree with Ryan that this style is all the rage, but at the end of the day, if it pulls in the customers then great.

Cheers.

Dav

Very nice set of images. Not really my kind of thing, but I can certainly appreciate the style and what you have done.

This goes for me too. You love your negative space and you use it well, it's just not for me the majority of the time.

I love #2, #9, #13 is great but I'd clone out the plane and I'd like to see #18 & #19 in a vertical crop to see what that looks like, #24 and #25.

I love the use of negative space, but I also like to see the more intimate shots, I'd like to see a few more of the more intimate ones. But you definitely have a style.

I agree with nick about your reflection on the individual shots.

Back