Epson 1400 - Printing problems - black ink

Name
Lynda
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, hope someone can help me. I'll start by saying that I am not very technical. My Epson stylus 1400 is not printing properly. I've ran the head clean program numerous times and realigned the heads. It looks like it's only the black ink that is blocked.

Do I just keep running the head clean setting until it's ok or is it likely that I'll have to clean the head manually. If so, does anyone know of anywhere in the Northeast that does this as I don't fancy trying it myself.

Cheers
L

Try placing the ink head into a shallow tray of boiling water this may clear the head of any clogged ink.

Nope the heads on Epson printers are not user removable.

With Epson printers the following often helps

1. Make up cleaning solution, this can be either a 70% IPA solution or a 10% Amonia/Distilled water mix.

2. Fold a sheet of good quality paper towel so it's about an inch wide and many layers thick.

3. Obtain a 5 to 10ml syringe and thin silicone tube.

Method 1. Put the printer into cartridge change mode and once the head has stopped in its change position pull the mains cable and remove all cartridges. Place the paper towel on the floor of the carrage and the slowly move the head carrage over the paper towel, then slowly pour the cleaning solution onto the paper towel, then wait over night. This allowes the cleaning solution to soften the dried ink and soak up into the head.

Method 2. Follow the above instruction until upto removing the cartridges and placing the paper towel, but leave it dry, look into the cartridge and locate the six nipples that go into the ink cartridge. Put the thin tube on the syringe and fill with you cleaner. Put the tube over nibble of the blocked channel and slowly force the cleaning fluid the the head, repeat it a few times. Re instal the cartridge and try again.

Final option only applies if you are using third party inks, try a set of genuine inks, as they are sometimes better the TP inks.

Hope this is of help

Paul

Back