Eshton snowfall (Yorkshire Dales)

Thanks Marie i will post one up

Last edited:
I do like the mono version but I think I would push the high key to really make the whites stand out more.

It's not very often I press the like button on Mono images, but this one is excellent, better than the original.

Very nice image, in both colour and mono!

Beautiful shot John, i like both the colour and mono version. Lovely symmetry, and has a great cold and clear feel to it. Great dappled snowfall all around, with nice light. I really like the sheltered patch under the trees in the colour version makes an interesting underline for the focal point of the trees
Nice shot i really like it

The second I saw the colour version, I thought gosh, that would make a good B&W, and it does. Not perfect yet, could do with some work just to lift some of the shadow tones in the snow to make it 'lighter'.
Thanks Toby ,Looking now think you are right about the shadow tones ..I will have a look at tweaking them.

Beautiful shot John, i like both the colour and mono version. Lovely symmetry, and has a great cold and clear feel to it. Great dappled snowfall all around, with nice light. I really like the sheltered patch under the trees in the colour version makes an interesting underline for the focal point of the trees
Nice shot i really like it
Many thanks Steve .. Appreciate your comments.

Back