Evening Light

I personally find this a wonderful photograph, the movement in the sea looks as though it has been painted and the light is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm loving this.
You can really see the power in the water, and the light on the rocks is spot on.

That is really nice, and you've got the shutter speed just right.

Absolutely stunning, can only re-iterate what everyone else has said. I could stare at that for ages!

Wow what a stunning location brilliantly - no REALLY brilliantly - interpreted by the photographer. Well done Richard. The composition, light, and especially the sea all add up to a superb image. That should be on someone's wall.

Thats nice but a shorter speed would have helped IMO.

Last edited:
Stunning picture Richard,-- is it impolite to ask your settings?

Geoff

Click on the shot which will open it in Flickr then view the Exif data it is all there to see

Nikon D810 16mm ISO 800 13 seconds etc etc

Gorgeous shot mate, my favourite you've posted so far from the trip. That light is special and the water movement is fantastic.
It also works well as a 16:9 crop (y)

thought that too...;)..but had to check it was ok to mention...

Beautiful shot. I would be interested to see what the image would look like with a slower shutter speed to show the ferocity of the waves better. Great shot though!

Do you mean a shorter shutter speed as in for instance less than a second or as you say slower as in longer than the 13 secoonds used.

Richard this is in my opinion one of the best landscape/seascape shots I have seen in a long time. "Stunning".(y)

George.

thats a lovely image richard, great definition on the rocks too

Absolute winner Richard. The shear sharpness and definition the D810 gives is astonishing. Combine that with a brilliant composition, wonderful exposure and great light and you have a real stunning shot

Oh wow, another stunning milky water shot, if I can get that good I'll be over the moon.

Sean.

Stunning shot. Been looking at it for a good while and it is superb.

Composition is good, but I personally find the processing to be awful, sorry. The water is glowing bright, while sky is dark grey with patches of near black. If it is meant to look fake, then it should be more obvious than that.

I like the amount the movement you've got going on here - just about right for my taste.

Congratulations on a very well executed image

Back