Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth... (Boxing images).

Name
kane
Edit My Images
No
First time shooting boxing! It was a charity event, 17 fights and average 3 rounds. I chose these 2 to warm up with, before I shot my friends match, I ended up getting the better pictures with these guys.
Always wanted to have a go and get that 'gloy shot' of sweat beads spiraling everywhere! I got close.
Black and white really helps with this (though the colour ones look just as nice).
Canon 5dmk3... Shot with Canon 70-200 2.8.
I was shooting at iso1800/2000... f4... 800th second.

BOXING IMAGES SHOT BY KANO KANE MAY 2024-2.jpgBOXING IMAGES SHOT BY KANO KANE MAY 2024.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photos . . . I see the iso you used but was the liery ghting strong ?
Yeah the lights were very strong modelling light for sure, I was sweating standing ringside. Worth it tho. Very bright and strong light yes. The ring was not perfctly lit so depending on where they went made ot break an image but I shot on continuous high speed so was a lucky dip ha

Should be shooting through the ropes if you get to do it again ... much better without ropes in picture IMHO :)

Should be shooting through the ropes if you get to do it again ... much better without ropes in picture IMHO :)
Yes I thought the same. First time shooting boxing so wasn’t sure what to take.
I was shooting on 70-200 so through ropes not possible. I think the 24-70 would be the best option here. There was many shots I could have had - had I been through the ropes.

Back