Excellent CHEAP 10-stop.

Perhaps a silly question but I have never used filters before. Do I need anything else to attach this to my lens? Filter holders etc? Or does it come with everything I need?

Perhaps a silly question but I have never used filters before. Do I need anything else to attach this to my lens? Filter holders etc? Or does it come with everything I need?

Circular screw-in filters should simply attach to your lens, you just have to make sure you purchase the correct size filter to suit the lens you want to use it on.

I have just bought a 77mm 10-stop for my Sigma 10-20 or 70-200. I also have a 72-77mm step ring so that I can adapt it for use on my Canon 15-85 which is 72mm..

Circular screw-in filters should simply attach to your lens, you just have to make sure you purchase the correct size filter to suit the lens you want to use it on.

I have just bought a 77mm 10-stop for my Sigma 10-20 or 70-200. I also have a 72-77mm step ring so that I can adapt it for use on my Canon 15-85 which is 72mm..
Wish I'd have known about step down rings before buying a dedicated 67mm filter! I already had a 77mm version. Oh well...

Wish I'd have known about step down rings before buying a dedicated 67mm filter! I already had a 77mm version. Oh well...
At least you will still be able to get the lens hood/lens cap on with the filter in place :)

Actually I have a 72-77mm step up ring.

Step down is where the ring allows a smaller filter to be used on a larger lens, which can lead to vignetting problems.

I have posted this one in the landscape forum, but thought I ought to put a copy in here too.

This was taken using an SRB ND1000 10-stop from Amazon. 30s, f/5.6.. It's straight out of the camera via the iPad.

Having read the thread and looked at the links I was confused. Amazon, E bay and their own link showed differing prices and postage. I e mailed the company with my confusion, sending links to each site. I promptly had a lovely e mail back. I sent another re the difference between the Camdiox and their own SRB 10 stop. Received another very prompt reply saying SRB own colour tested and better. Rang them and paid for SRB own by card, Sarah very helpful and pleasant, and received very quickly, post free due to the confusion. Had a quick play and seems spot on, and a good bargain for £27.

Last edited:
After a busy start to the year I've managed to sneak away for a week and have a play with my camera stuff.

Just beginning to go through the shots and thought I'd add a couple to the thread:

Ria Formosa Parque Natural
by ACW#, on Flickr

Camera Canon EOS 7D
Exposure 102 seconds
Aperture f/13.0
Focal Length 20 mm
ISO Speed 100

Ria Formosa Parque Natural
by ACW#, on Flickr

Camera Canon EOS 7D
Exposure 30 seconds
Aperture f/20.0
Focal Length 10 mm
ISO Speed 100

Purchased a 77mm SRB 10 stopper for 30 quid. Bit of a magenta colour to it on long exposures.....sorted it though by using one of the images as a custom white balance. Good value IMHO.

Again, I already posted in the landscape section, but thought it would be of interest here too..

30s exposure, with some tweaks in Lr

Last edited:
Just picked one up on ebay for £12.00 didnt expect it to go so cheap!

Now to find some water

~A

Has anyone tried the square filter types from SRB and are they any good? £44 for a set for 77mm with a 0.6 and 0.9 soft grad and holder? Considering that the camidox ND filter is not a bad bit of kit wondered if these were in same league?

Has anyone tried the square filter types from SRB and are they any good? £44 for a set for 77mm with a 0.6 and 0.9 soft grad and holder? Considering that the camidox ND filter is not a bad bit of kit wondered if these were in same league?
I'd suspect it would be alright.

I have a CPL, ND grad, 2x 10 stops and they were all under £20. (The grad was £4).

I'd take a punt ;)

I've had it a while Phil, just finding the right time to use it. Was hoping to use it today at a Weir, but it wasn't in my damn bag when i got there... FAIL! Had to make do with the local reservoir when i got home from work. They're great in all honesty, the colour cast is seemingly non existent and they're a doddle to use. Hardest thing is deciding what shutter speed to go for. Going to give it a whirl in the day time away from the low sun sometime over the weekend.

Sunset over Kings Mill
by David Raynham, on Flickr

May grab one of these for my dp2m..they are only based 5 mins from my house! So which is better the camdiox or their own srb one?

No idea mate. The Camdiox is ace. I bought some cheapo nd filters when I first started photography and the colour cast was awful. There is next to no difference between a photo taken with this filter and without it.

Think its 21 direct from srb just waiting to see if they have one in stock

hi been toying with the idea of these/this.

just out of interest what would be the best size/lens to get one for ??

i have a 35m 1.8g, sigma 70-200 2.8, nikon 18-200, or tamron 17-50,

could i get the largest size and step down for the rest or is their a stand out lens that would suit best ??

I bought a 77mm because it will fit my Sigma 70-200 and 10-20, but have so far only used it on my 15-85mm lens which is 72mm, so needed a step up ring. Having a filter for your largest lens and step-up rings for your smaller lenses is better for avoiding vignetting. But you can't then get lens hoods on the smaller lenses.. Depends which lens you think you're going to use most I guess.

And you're posting it be cause you felt you could have got exactly the same results with a £20 filter???

:LOL:
no lol im posting it because theres mention above about the B&W filter and the neutral look it gives. that one wasnt mine it was borrowed. im thinking of getting one of the camdiox ones as im going to the lake district in a month and want to do some LE but i cant be bothered using the welding glass as its a nightmare to process

Back