Extreme Sailing Series Cardiff bay

Nice :) That's also something I would have liked to shoot! Those boats are quite spangly although I would have hoped for more wind lol

it was really windy lol, my camera was moving sideways of its own accord.

Hah, it was windy when I was on Beachy head trying to get shots of planes... I had a lot of trouble keeping my camera steady and it was on a tripod!

I guess if they're fairly inshore then it would explain the lack of more choppy water. I'd love to be following those catamarans in a RIB with some kind of waterproofed DSLR to get some good action shots further out at sea :D

Hah, it was windy when I was on Beachy head trying to get shots of planes... I had a lot of trouble keeping my camera steady and it was on a tripod!

I guess if they're fairly inshore then it would explain the lack of more choppy water. I'd love to be following those catamarans in a RIB with some kind of waterproofed DSLR to get some good action shots further out at sea :D

like this you mean

Extreme Sailing Series Cardiff Bay (61) by Daz_James_, on Flickr

It doesn't go out into the open sea as it is in the bay area but when they got out of the start area and into the more open part you could hear the sails snapping in the wind I didn't get to go out to the part I wanted to which would have let me see more of the race again but next year I will.

The photos bring back some strong memory's, I used to sail these and smaller Cat's 20 years ago when lived back in Essex

Last edited:
Back