Ezybox copies

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone has used any of the ezybox type softboxes that seem to come from a hundred different suppliers and if you have then would you recommend it? I was just looking at this one from Smick and noticed there are tons of them on ebay from £25 upward. This one is £55 and is still only half the price of the lastolite one.

I am interested in one of these too. I am currently looking at a few options. The Lastolite version isn't one of them. I had the 54 x 54 kit to try and it was really not good IMHO. It seemed like cheap tat but at a high price. Shame, because I've had a fair few Lastolite products and been happy with them but this one was not at all nice.

I have one of these. It's good and has the advantage of allowing the flash to be 'centred', which others do not. By It!

I've had one of these for a few years now and although the ball-head and fittings are a little bit flexy they're great value for money and the results are the same as a Lastolite version costing 5 times as much. Very portable too, the lastolite folds into a triangular shape whereas these scrunch right down into a ball and you can fit a flash gun in the carry case with it.

I had a Neewer 24" from here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004XY65WQ/ref=pe_385721_37038051_pe_217191_31005151_M3T1_dp_1
£22.00
looks ok not had time to play yet

Just need the small Adapter Stud 5/8 inch to 3/8 inch Thread only seen them for £6.00 yet ;-)
Hi Guy's,

Thanks for the replies. I've actually settled on one of the ones i've linked to below. This one can take a grid and the reviews look excellent.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002W9G8VM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AYKQOU01L2ZM5
Whats the difference between these two apart from the price?

The fact i can use grids and other accessories on the front and according to the reviews the product is excellent quality where as the other one seems pretty hit and miss depending on who you buy it from. A personal choice and since i base my purchases on reviews i'm happy to pay more for something with better reviews.

Hi James the Neewer 24" has only 1 Diffuser and TBH if Quality is poor send it back ;-)

;)I use one from cotsworld, and find it good, it does scrunch down, but not mastered it, so I leave it as a triangle, I prefer to keep my teeth:)

;)I use one from cotsworld, and find it good, it does scrunch down, but not mastered it, so I leave it as a triangle, I prefer to keep my teeth:)

yep I have the same one and works well, as you the only issue is packing it all way when I finish. I have therefore ordered an Umbrella which should hopefully be quick to put away..

Back