F-15 Eagles at Dawn.

The sun really shows of the curves and textures on the planes, taken beautifully.

Really impressive captures- credit to kit, but max kudos to tog:cool:

Excellent shots - miles better than anything I have ever managed in two visits.

Was this a random visit or is there a timetable you can look up or a best time of day to wait, .
Is there a best location to shoot from?
Thanks in advance.

From what I gather it is totally random. I have been on two Monday mornings and been fortunate to see them returning between 9&10am. Someone with more knowledge might be able to help more

Just seen the last one was handheld at 1000mm... I guess if you're getting ISO 320 at F8 1/1000 then it was a sunny day but still, I'm thinking you have tripods for arms? :p

Was this a random visit or is there a timetable you can look up or a best time of day to wait, .
Is there a best location to shoot from?
Thanks in advance.
No timetable really, they have been getting airborne from 730 am, 15-20 jets in an hr. They have been on 06 end so its worth a trip, as this doesnt happen often.

Just seen the last one was handheld at 1000mm... I guess if you're getting ISO 320 at F8 1/1000 then it was a sunny day but still, I'm thinking you have tripods for arms? :p
500f4 and converter, yeah gets a bit much, but tripods and monopods really dont help with jets, they have a habit to do something out of the norm! ;)

These are great, I miss seeing F15s flying around. They used to drop in as visitors when I was working at Heyford. One did a max take off one day, gear-up and straight into a vertical climb, just breath-taking.

Back