3 - Pit Lane vantage point.

14836146417_5f94fa4f7c_c.jpg

4 - Perplexed.

14836057618_3c4370b33b_c.jpg

5 - Into the woods.

15019601701_57ce8f9d24_c.jpg

6 - Road to the sky.

15019601361_2d55a38aa8_c.jpg

Of the actual shots, I think 8 is superb, closely followed by 6.

Of the portraits, Kimi is perhaps the best I have ever seen.

All in all, have always liked your portraits and never been enthused by your action shots.

You definitely did the business this time and how!

I am a long way away on holiday just now, so was that Vettel or my Ozzie pal who won?

Last edited:
Can I be the only dissenting voice here?
Great images, but Grand Prix?
Yes I realise they were taken there, as the out of focus Ferrari panned shot (number 1) shows, but the rest don't conjure up any excitement, or feeling of speed /glamour / risk / passion.

Have you others you can post here because your photography IS otherwise superb?

Wow, lovely set!! I like that they have some different compositions & vuewpoints. I have just been through a set of my own with pan after pan, and found it a little boring if I'm honest!

Love #3 - nice & crisp, nice composition.

Number 3 looks pretty much perfect to my inexpert eye.

Superb James, I too like number 3

Is a classic shot from Spa but always nice :)

All very good James, the 1st and 3rd if i had to pick.
Do you need a licence or permit to take pictures at the GP's? Im going October and would love to take some photos.

Where are you going in October? From spectators areas you do not need any license to take pictures.

Of the actual shots, I think 8 is superb, closely followed by 6.

Of the portraits, Kimi is perhaps the best I have ever seen.

All in all, have always liked your portraits and never been enthused by your action shots.

You definitely did the business this time and how!

I am a long way away on holiday just now, so was that Vettel or my Ozzie pal who won?

Daniel won, I think he may give some trouble to the Merc couple in the championship.

Love these, especially 9

Fantastic set - i am really drawn to first one but a lovely set

Thanks

Can I be the only dissenting voice here?
Great images, but Grand Prix?
Yes I realise they were taken there, as the out of focus Ferrari panned shot (number 1) shows, but the rest don't conjure up any excitement, or feeling of speed /glamour / risk / passion.

Have you others you can post here because your photography IS otherwise superb?

not entirely sure what you mean? well Spa ain't the most glamorous track and location during the season, then in general I simply post the picture that please me most during that weekend.

And be like all the others you mean?? :rolleyes:

Always a fan of your work James. The portrait of Kimi is superb!! None of 'the incident' then??

None of the incident indeed...is a bit complicated when you do the first corner at the start to be a Les combes within two laps :p

Very nice indeed.

Really like the Alonso portrait and the Mercedes in the wet in particular.

Wow, lovely set!! I like that they have some different compositions & vuewpoints. I have just been through a set of my own with pan after pan, and found it a little boring if I'm honest!

Love #3 - nice & crisp, nice composition.

Good set as always..like number 3 and 8.

Thanks.

where is number 8 shot from? i saw sutton do that shot (unless it was yours) and i couldnt think where it was from.

I'm sure you been there before, is just after Radillon on the top of the hill before the marshall post, maybe the black background is misleading.

Fantastic set, some great shots in there

Thanks. :)

Where are you going in October? From spectators areas you do not need any license to take pictures.

Going Austin, can't wait.

Ill be sure to take the camera with me if there is no restrictions in taking it in etc...
Any tips or advice would be great.

Great set as per usual!

Incredible set! Faultless... A few there i'd happily hang up on my wall :)

Hey James, hope you don't mind me asking, of the European venues you travel to, which one would you say gives the best value for money for us mere mortals.. Silverstone for me is now at a stage I can't justify the costs

Cheers Jason

Fantastic photos - a different perspective to the usual track panning, I wish I could get access like that! 2, 3 & 9 being my favourites.

Great images - in fact wonderful

Caption for #7 - OK, I know

Thanks.

Going Austin, can't wait.

Ill be sure to take the camera with me if there is no restrictions in taking it in etc...
Any tips or advice would be great.

The only advice I can give is that friday would be your best day for pictures as generally you got access to the grandstands, I never been to Austin so unfortunately cannot advise you on which are the best spots but i am sure it's a nice place. Was supposed to be there too but had to call it off :(

Great set as per usual!

Incredible set! Faultless... A few there i'd happily hang up on my wall :)

Thanks really appreciate it.

Hey James, hope you don't mind me asking, of the European venues you travel to, which one would you say gives the best value for money for us mere mortals.. Silverstone for me is now at a stage I can't justify the costs

Cheers Jason

I heard general admission at Spa for three days was 130 euros I can see Slverstone for next year is £175 :eek: I looked Hungaroring was 90 euros...Austria will be 95 euros...Monza 100 euros. Both Spa, Hungary, and Austria are some of my favorite places, Spa got that bit more I think as for atmosphere as well, Monza is nice and great atmosphere at F1 but the place is a bit abandoned.

Stunning set of photos

All fantastic shots and its 1, 5 & 8 for me - and of those I'd go for 5.

Thanks. :)

On the inside of the circuit?

Yep on the inside.

Fantastic photos - a different perspective to the usual track panning, I wish I could get access like that! 2, 3 & 9 being my favourites.

Thanks.:)

Killer as usual James. 4, 8 and 9 are lovely.

Thanks Tom, really appreciate it.

Very nice, my only crit would be that #11 is a bit meh and definitely amongst the others you've got here it stands out as much weaker.

I wondered if it told a story that I just wasn't understanding though - I don't follow F1 at all other than hearing short reports on the news. I get that whilst #10 isn't a stonking photo in its own right, it does tell the story - so I wonder if #11 is the same?

Wonderful set. Just wish one day I could shoot like that and I am a happy man!

Very nice stuff! First trip to Spa and loved it. Such an easy track to do from the UK as you can drive in 3.5 hours from the EuroTunnel!

Lovely stuff, #3 & #8 being my favourites.

Outstanding!

Very nice, my only crit would be that #11 is a bit meh and definitely amongst the others you've got here it stands out as much weaker.

I wondered if it told a story that I just wasn't understanding though - I don't follow F1 at all other than hearing short reports on the news. I get that whilst #10 isn't a stonking photo in its own right, it does tell the story - so I wonder if #11 is the same?

Yeah I guess you can possibly read it that way with Seb being regularly beaten from his younger team-mate, that was the reason for that caption, I'm not sure if that working though.

Wonderful set. Just wish one day I could shoot like that and I am a happy man!

Very nice stuff! First trip to Spa and loved it. Such an easy track to do from the UK as you can drive in 3.5 hours from the EuroTunnel!

Love the Portrait shots and 6 is my best for on track

Thanks guys, really appreciate it :) off to Monza in a few days, can't wait.

Back