F1 - Riccardo Patrese, Brabham BT52, Brands Hatch 1983

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
5574544093_26bca56105_b.jpg

The first of my old Formula One pictures.
Riccardo Patrese, Brabham BT52, Brands Hatch 1983.

UPDATE : Thanks for the comments.
NeilB - You make me sound like a pensioner - I'm still in my forties!
whyone - Full marks for spotting it was at Druids. A nice location with a bit of background.
Yves Geza - I'll post some more when I get my Epson 4990 photo scanner setup. Is it worth going back to the negatives or just scanning the prints?
pepper - When I scan some more should I post them in motorsport or the film forum?
Grandslammer - You're right it was the European GP. Pretty good weather for late September.

JP

Last edited:
Thanks - it's a real treat to see stuff like this on here!

For the benefit of younger viewers, this photo was taken on a camera that you had to focus yourself, with a twisty-bit of the front of the lens.

Then you had to take the memory card^H^H^H^H cannister to Boots, so they could download it onto some pieces of paper for you!

Great Work!

Neil

For the benefit of younger viewers, this photo was taken on a camera that you had to focus yourself, with a twisty-bit of the front of the lens.

Then you had to take the memory card^H^H^H^H cannister to Boots, so they could download it onto some pieces of paper for you!

Gre
Neil

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Great shot, happy memories!

Taken on the entrance to Druids?

Neil

:plus1: And a great subject for the first of your old Formula One pictures!

Can we see some more? :)

Neil

:LOL: ... and for the benefit of younger drivers, the poor sod of a driver had to engage all the gears with a lever by his right hand and disengage the clutch with a foot pedal and adjust the roll bars with a lever on the left and the brake balance with a wheel and read his own boost gauge and ...

Tripping down memory lane moment......:love:
Marshalled along the pits straight for this one,thanks for sharing

I remember going out to buy that car for my Scalextric. To me aged 12 it was just the 'Nelson Piquet' car.

Great Work!

Neil

Cheek :LOL:

Back