F1 Testing Silverstone

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Following on from the GP the teams stayed behind for a bit of testing. Access was severely limited and the heat made everything wobbly after about 11am... on top of that I hadn't really had time to recover from the weekend, too much F1. Finally got the chance to have a quick chat to Az, need to say hello to more of ya :)

Here's a few shots from the test, I imagine there's gonna be a few the same as everyone else there....
1. Dem bear good rims innit
Charles Pic by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

2. Did I waste my time with this?
Nico Rosberg by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

3. Pedro de la Judas (if you are a McLaren fan)
Pedro de la Rosa by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

4. Think I ripped this idea off George (not as well), if it was someone else sorry to them as well :)

The Wing - Silverstone by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

5. A fast looking Sauber (looking being the operative word)

Adrian Sutil by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

6. Remote control Kev

Kevin Magnussen by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

7. Another attempt at the partial
Charles Pic by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

8. Cloudy Marmite
Nico Rosberg by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

Last edited:
7,8 and 9 are what appeal to me, not too keen on the sharp angles though on many shots. No.8 has a good sense of speed and the sky works well. And there is a great sense of scale with the building on the fourth, overall a very good set.

7,8 and 9 are what appeal to me, not too keen on the sharp angles though on many shots. No.8 has a good sense of speed and the sky works well. And there is a great sense of scale with the building on the fourth, overall a very good set.

Thanks, angles always decisive but I prefer the look of the image where I've used it :) all personal taste I'm afraid. Thanks for the feedback a little different style for me

The answer to 2 is yes but the Kev one is quite nice!

Cracking varied set, number 2 is well shot, just not my taste, number 7, now we're talking !

Paul.

I'm not sure on such a severe angle on #2 , otherwise it works for me. I read the Sauber had a hefty crash at Copse and damaging the barrier, maybe a different day, it looks great in #5 though ? A really nice set of photos ;)

I love #2. I first saw it earlier in flickr and I was WOW!! The building really add up to the whole atmosphere.
Lovely set overall as always, great job!

Crisp work chap, nicely done indeed :) Good to meet you, now I know who you are :) I should have asked you for some Photoshop tips, you've got that side nailed too haven't ya ;-)

Nice work, #3 is my favourite, love a bit of heat haze. #2 works but a bit too much tilt for me. All in all a very nice set, wish I get the same level of sharpness with the same combo.

Nice work, #3 is my favourite, love a bit of heat haze. #2 works but a bit too much tilt for me. All in all a very nice set, wish I get the same level of sharpness with the same combo.
Thanks Neil, I'm sure its just a variation in the settings and/or processing workflow... I still get blurry shots too, I just take so many some end up sharp ;)

Great set considering the limited access (looks even worse than last year!).

I really like 2 (of course! :D ) probably would've tried to position the car a bit more in the bottom right and cut off some of the empty space to the right of The Wing. A bit less tilt and you would've then got a lot of the building in. Always easy to say what to do, much harder to get it in practice!

Don't think you ripped #4 of me. I'm fairly sure I ripped it off Darren Heath's 2013 gallery. But it must be one of the most photographed spots in Silverstone.

Back