FA Cup football

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
2nd qualifying round yesterday and a very entertaining 2-2 draw between Sholing and Salisbury City.

C & C always greatly appreciated

1022562277_DKAZM-M.jpg

1022562289_ztrnL-M.jpg

1022562340_cidBR-M.jpg

1022562349_BCTHW-M.jpg

1022562364_A3KQx-M.jpg

1022562372_J5ZJu-M.jpg

Really like these, nice well exposed and cropped tight in on the action (y)
One of my old stomping grounds, #1 is a good shot of tizer (can never remember his name. Tyronne Bowers?)
#4 Is that Barry's goal? If so where's the celebration?
You just snapping this or are you "working" the game for someone?

As I said, like these thanks for posting.
Shaun

Thanks for the comments Shaun

Not 'working', just shooting for local clubs and my website. A bit disillusioned with submitting to local media. I guess they have their own snappers/free images

No 4 was indeed the second goal some of the celebrations below

1023100783_8z3uj-M.jpg

1023100843_D3UBY-M.jpg

1023100907_wJxhK-M.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Paul

Thought it must be the goal as radio solent were talking about it, and interviewed Barry Mason, no10. Sholing, or vtfc or vospers as there were, have alot of players who have been at a higher level of football but have followed the money thus when "bigger" sides turn up they can go up a level and compete.
Paul, where there any other snappers there? Would be my first question. Have you tried the locals, how much/often? Soton and Salisbury!
Couple of quick phone calls (not emails, do you have the names of the people?) tell them what you have, if they give you the "I've no budget for" line then thank them for there time, can you leave a contact number with them. 9 times out of 10 curiosity will make them ask to see the pictures, either then or later, then it's up to you how you put "but you have no budget" and I'm not in the habit of giving away my work!
Replay Tuesday, Sailsbury FC might be interested for there programe if you had anything on them and wanted to cut a deal. All depends who was at the game snapping. Be quick!
The cele's look good, just watch the horizon's (like the crossbar) or your have the horizontal police from this place after you :LOL: que rovers_andy!
Cheers
Shaun

Look good to me Paul, nailed the action and celes looks like you had tricky lighting conditions too :)

Lovely photos but think the main praise needs to go to the groundsman - that pitch looks perfect!

Thanks for the comments guys

The echo were there on Saturday and a couple of togs from Salisbury so I think they had it well covered

Congrats on the Sun pic Shaun (y)

Simon - The pitch was in good nick but still early in the season. January & February are the real test.

great photos!!! in fact they are awesome!

have you got any of dan webb i know him and bet he would love to see them.

These are bang on for me.....Crisp, sharp and amazing light! Great job!

Andy

Paul, can I ask you what lens did you use?
I've got a 40d as well and even if I'm a beginner I'd like to choose carefuly the lenses.
Thank you very much indeed!

The pics are sharp and you caught the right moments in the game! I can't wait to get to this stage... If I ever do!

Back