Fabric & texture

Name
niki
Edit My Images
Yes
Some still Life on fabric forms and textures..im not a proffessional,i am a photography student,so any feed back would be greatly recieved(good or bad).Used one stobe unit supported with a reflecter brolly(i wanted to create subtle lighting hoping to emphasise the detail in the fabric,with darker tones.Suppose i'd just like to know if im heading in the right direction aswell..is most important either way to know really ;)
slr6.jpg

slr5.jpg

slr7.jpg

Last edited:
The colours and composition are nice in 1 & 3, 2 looks a bit soft.

Very abstract set. I think that the third shows the fabric off most, although the bits of thread above the pearl are a bit distracting.

The colours and composition are nice in 1 & 3, 2 looks a bit soft.

Very abstract set. I think that the third shows the fabric off most, although the bits of thread above the pearl are a bit distracting.

Wow i got a reply :LOL:..i was begining to think they were dreadful..Thankyou very much..i was aiming for abstract..it is a childs bridesmaid dress so thats why i added the flower in there..to hopefully give a clue as to what it was or something along wedding lines,romance,love,innocence ect..

yes i wished id have cut the bits of thread of..i expect it is a distraction..
thankyou
N
x

Thanks for feedback and comments
appreciated
N
x

Yep I agree with matt that the last one is the best. I'm not sure the flower works as it draws the eye away from the main subject - it might have worked better with a black backdrop only.

Back