Facebook

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
Recently my email address of 12+ years was hacked and, among many consequences, I have had my fb account wiped. I have tried several times to create a new page using new email address/password and every time the page is taken down by fb stating I have breached the Community Standards. I cannot get beyond this as there is no way that I can see to make any real contact with them. I am often directed to q&a pages that ask me to login before I can post a question. Surely there must be some fb expert somewhere that can assist. Cheers

did the person that hacked your facebook page post really bad f***ed up s*** on it?

Recently my email address of 12+ years was hacked and, among many consequences, I have had my fb account wiped. I have tried several times to create a new page using new email address/password and every time the page is taken down by fb stating I have breached the Community Standards. I cannot get beyond this as there is no way that I can see to make any real contact with them. I am often directed to q&a pages that ask me to login before I can post a question. Surely there must be some fb expert somewhere that can assist. Cheers

Several years after closing my FB account I tried to open a new account. I no longer had my old email address so I used a new one and quickly got an email message similar to yours. (I don't know how I was recognised since I had twice changed my ISP which would presumably mean I had a different IP address). I explained that I no longer have my old email address and could not recall my login info. FB accepted my explanation, but said that if I wanted a new account I would have to submit a photograph of myself. Goodbye FB - until hell freezes over.

Several years after closing my FB account I tried to open a new account. I no longer had my old email address so I used a new one and quickly got an email message similar to yours. (I don't know how I was recognised since I had twice changed my ISP which would presumably mean I had a different IP address). I explained that I no longer have my old email address and could not recall my login info. FB accepted my explanation, but said that if I wanted a new account I would have to submit a photograph of myself. Goodbye FB - until hell freezes over.
I have sent some ID and their automated response was 'We have already reviewed the decision and it can't be reversed'. In a democracy we should always have a right to reasoned defense but it seems the FB monopoly has something of a 'police state' mentality.

Reactions: TG.
Don't know, my account was just closed down.

thing is if they did your IP address, dns signature and all sorts will be flagged and thus anything you open is toast

In a democracy we should always have a right to reasoned defense but it seems the FB monopoly has something of a 'police state' mentality.
Facebook is not a democracy, it's a commercial advertising agency. Their site, their rules.

Facebook is not a democracy, it's a commercial advertising agency. Their site, their rules.

pretty much also it is entirely policed by machine code so once you are on their sheet list you stay on it.
I once got poke becase of a picture that had pumpkins in it and the code thought they were buttocks.

With all the data they collect on us, I’ll bet they know it originated from the same address.

it’s crazy they don’t let people prove themselves. If I ever get locked out, it would be the sign I’ve been waiting for.

Back