Fairy Glen

Name
Gerald Davies
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a couple of pictures from an entertain day, wondering around the Fairy Glen, on the Black Isle, just north of Inverness.

The water level was a little to high for the waterfalls, so I tried to focus on some minatures.

4070815419_5cf321824c_o.jpg

4070835597_6694e45fb7_o.jpg

C&C Welcome

I'm afraid the composition of both of these isn't doing a lot for me. Number #1 has the most potential, but just feels a little plonked in the middle of the frame. I'd have preferred it even closer if at all possible. The second just has too much empty space.

You still got probably the collest avatar on here though. :)

Love the second shot. Powerful sense of movement.

Had a look at your flickr images. Great work.

like them both to :) the second reminds me of a lil tree standing tall in a wind storm lol :)

I'm afraid the composition of both of these isn't doing a lot for me. Number #1 has the most potential, but just feels a little plonked in the middle of the frame. I'd have preferred it even closer if at all possible. The second just has too much empty space.

You still got probably the collest avatar on here though. :)

Thanks for you comments 69lbs. I do kind of agree with you on the 1st image, I do have other version where the rocks are not so central, so I'll post them up over the next few days, buit I like this one the best because of the way the leave was coming over the rock, like a creeping see monster :LOL:

The 2nd image is I'll have to disagree with you. I think the space works and gives scale to the image and thanks for the compliment on the avatar.

I don't generally like blurry water subjects, but these, especially the first, are rather good. You have reduced it to an abstract. Yes, clever stuff.

Thanks horrocks, I do like taking these minature landscapes.
Love the second shot. Powerful sense of movement.

Had a look at your flickr images. Great work.

Thanks Seaboarder for commetns and checking out my flickr account.

I like them both - excellent composition, colour and a perfect shutter speed

Thanks Duncan.

like them both to :) the second reminds me of a lil tree standing tall in a wind storm lol :)

Thats eaxtly the way read Robbo. (y)

I think they are both great, a good alternative to this usual type of image.

I think they are both great, a good alternative to this usual type of image.

Thanks Andy

the fairy glen falls are spectacular so well done for trying something original. dont think the second one works but the first one has some real potential

d

Thanks discodavor for your comments, it is a lovely walk and great spot for some photography.

Just checked your website out, some very good images.

what is the effect in number 2?

Hi Joe

The 2nd image is just a long exposure 3 - 5 seconds if I remember correctly over water. All done in camera.

Back