Famous people shots

I was at a No More War rally back at the start of August and a number of famous and/or well-known people were there. The two probably most famous were Kika Markham and Sam West, both known for their excellent acting skills. I only had my Galaxy Camera on me at the time as it was a rally, not a photo shoot.

Sam did an excellent reading of the anti-war poem Dulce et Decorum Est by Wilfrid Owen, which I also caught on camera.

Anyone remember Cheggers (Keith Chegwin)

148674953.jpg

bit of an old one here... a Picture of the REAL BigYin...

Big Yin meets the Wee Yin by The Big Yin, on Flickr

This must be all of 30 years ago - shot behind the scenes at the Film my Mate Martin (he's the Wee Yin in the shot...) was directing for his college graduation piece. It was a film called Hedgehoggery - and was inspired by an evening in a Cumbrian Pub, drinking beer and (after missing last orders for food) eating Hedgehog Flavour Crisps... One thing led to another, and ended with Martin contacting the manufacturers, and coming up with an entire short film. Then, stuck for someone to narrate it, he said "I'd really like Billy Connolly... wonder how I can contact him..." - a few phone calls, and Mr. C had the script, and not only offered to do the voiceover, he insisted on coming down to some of the shooting...

From a shoot I did for a local company last year as part of their annual Christmas toy appeal

Sue Nicholls-1web.jpg Carley Stenson -049aweb.jpg John Thompson -1web.jpg

Someone who was famous at one time. I think the bloke standing next to her was something to do with money but no idea who he was...

16537614317_7ed8984fe1_b.jpg

Not sure how famous you class these people as but here are a couple from yesterday, Afzal Kahn and Theresa Griffin, MEP's in Crewe campaiging for Labour In Britain.

DSC_2714 by David Bloor, on Flickr

DSC_2816 by David Bloor, on Flickr

First time out with my new Sigma 17 - 50 f2.8.

Initial thoughts, really pleased with it. :D

Some that I wish I'd taken under any other circumstances. They were at the birthday memorial for MP Jo Cox, who was killed on June 16th. A desperately sad affair, but she was well liked, and the nation has taken her to their collective heart.

TV presenter Mariella Frostrup

Jo Cox Birthday Memorial - 04
by Garry Knight, on Flickr

Singer Lily Allen

Jo Cox Birthday Memorial - 06

Actors Gillian Anderson and Bill Nighy

Jo Cox Birthday Memorial - 09

International education ambassador Malala Yousafzai

Jo Cox Birthday Memorial - 11