Farmer

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I haven't posted in a while, but wanted some opinions on this shot. Does the slight shadow across the nose kill it? I'm on the fence.

D80 F/4 at ISO 500 (for some reason lol... not sure why I had it set so high, had plenty of light)

DSC_7651.jpg

I haven't posted in a while, but wanted some opinions on this shot. Does the slight shadow across the nose kill it? I'm on the fence.

D80 F/4 at ISO 500 (for some reason lol... not sure why I had it set so high, had plenty of light)

DSC_7651.jpg

I think I'd rather no shadow - but heh stilla very very good shot. Nice one!

I like it. Very nice shot. Great expression. Mono conversion adds to the overall mood (y)

i think its awesome, and so is the processing. I don't think i would have noticed the shadow that much if hadn't have pointed it out, so looks great to me

Great shot and capture.

If you lose the shadow you will also have to lose the shadow from his left shoulder/neck/ear etc. It is obvious that the light is directional, keep it as is.

I like it, but I see what you mean about the shadow, I think its not so much that there is a shadow per se, with a hat on, that is natural and what the eye would see, I thinks its more that it is a defined shadow on one half of his face and not the other but its not glaringly obvious that its the light that has caused it, if that makes sense? :shrug:

Great shot and capture.

If you lose the shadow you will also have to lose the shadow from his left shoulder/neck/ear etc. It is obvious that the light is directional, keep it as is.

Thank you. :)

Nice capture.

I like it, but I see what you mean about the shadow, I think its not so much that there is a shadow per se, with a hat on, that is natural and what the eye would see, I thinks its more that it is a defined shadow on one half of his face and not the other but its not glaringly obvious that its the light that has caused it, if that makes sense? :shrug:

You've confused me, Yv. lol. :p

Shadow doesn't bother me in the slightest, I even think it adds to the image a bit, makes the eyes moodier.

Thanks, Luke. Much appreciated.

:)

Back