Faulty Flash Gun

Name
Andrew Blundred
Edit My Images
Yes
I have an issue with my flash gun! It got stuck on the body, managed to "persuade" it to come off with a little bit of force and I think I know the problem. The pin on its own is not springing up and down. All of the other contacts are okay. Had a look online and it seems that this is just a locating pin and doesn't actually do anything else.

Anyone know a little more on it and if it is just a locating pin will I get away with grinding it off?

Cheers for any help!

I have an issue with my flash gun! It got stuck on the body, managed to "persuade" it to come off with a little bit of force and I think I know the problem. The pin on its own is not springing up and down. All of the other contacts are okay. Had a look online and it seems that this is just a locating pin and doesn't actually do anything else.

Anyone know a little more on it and if it is just a locating pin will I get away with grinding it off?

Cheers for any help!

Hi

Make and model of the flash gun will help with suggestions.

Thank you

So, is the locking pin just stuck in the down position? Will it not push in if it is pressed? Which model of Godox is it?

Hi it's the V860c II. It feels wrong, especially compared to the others I have, It will move up and down but sticks out more than the sample pic (nicked off google)

Untitled-1.jpg

Daft question.........subject to any 'damage' resulting from the force required to remove it........but have you wound the locking ring all the way to the release position???

Daft question.........subject to any 'damage' resulting from the force required to remove it........but have you wound the locking ring all the way to the release position???
That’s what I was going to ask.

Yeah, did make sure of that. Not knowingly dropped. Kept in the camera bag when not in use. I have seen that you can get the whole bottom bit on ebay for £10, although it's from China so will arrive some time in January. Just wondering if I could remove it and not affect the operation of the flash.

Back