Fed up....

yesterday was a really bad day.

the rain, getting lost going in to reading, going to site to remove IT kit to find the site completely gutted with the kit thrown in a corner, getting lost finding a loading bay in reading, having to load up single handed in the rain, getting lost exiting reading (i HATE reading, its a hole), car failing to start for 30 mins after stopping for fuel, drivers side window falling into the door in the rain, being quoted £170 for a repair.

bet you cant beat that.. :D by the time id got home i was ready to cry, have hysterics and/or punch something..

Yep - Fed up with the rain, hail and sleat.

Can't remamber the last Spring where we'd started to cut grass prior to more late snowfall.

Fed up here and hoping on hope that it is clear on Sunday as I've got a full days photography course in the New Forest and a few days break afterwards ... if it's as heavy as it's been at times here I'm not sure that it's going to be a very pleasant experience!
Hopefully it'll be at most a case of light showers.

neil_g said:

the rain, getting lost going in to reading, going to site to remove IT kit to find the site completely gutted with the kit thrown in a corner, getting lost finding a loading bay in reading, having to load up single handed in the rain, getting lost exiting reading (i HATE reading, its a hole), car failing to start for 30 mins after stopping for fuel, drivers side window falling into the door in the rain, being quoted £170 for a repair.

bet you cant beat that.. :D by the time id got home i was ready to cry, have hysterics and/or punch something..

Yep yesterday was rubbish. My Nikon 70-200 VRII turned up as expected.
Oh hang on, yesterday was brilliant :)
Totally agree with the weather though. Can't get out to use the new lens due to torrential rain :(
Fingers crossed for the weekend.

I've only been to Reading once. I got lost going in, I got lost coming out. :D

I've only been to Reading once. I got lost going in, I got lost coming out. :D

it has to be the most poorly layed out and signposted place ever.. :thinking:

even my satnav got confused and gave up, it was like it went "oh sh.. reading, youre on your own with this one..". either that i made it giddy going around and around in circles :LOL:

Is anyone else just getting a little bit fed up of seeing rain on every days 5 day weather forecast....

seeing it? I am more fed up of having to sit in it for 2 hrs at a time shooting football matches... even the best rain gear doesnt stop some seeping through :( I couldnt believe it last night.. the only time it stopped rainign was when i was packing up at the end of the game :(

i dont mind a bit of rain but its taking the mick lately ..

and my missus reckons she saw somehting on the news saying its not the right rain to help stop the drought? eh ? :)

neil_g said:
it has to be the most poorly layed out and signposted place ever.. :thinking:

even my satnav got confused and gave up, it was like it went "oh sh.. reading, youre on your own with this one..". either that i made it giddy going around and around in circles :LOL:

You should try Coventry. It seems to be a mass of flyovers and underpasses and satnav gets really confused as it still thinks you're on the road you are actually above (or vice versa). I once spent 40 mins trying to get to a hotel that I could see but couldn't get too!!!

I hate cold, wet, weather and it never seems to stop around here. My kids seem to enjoy sending me texts about how warm and sunny it is in Joburg, and asking "When are you coming home?". Looking at September now, spring in SA!

You get used to it - Inverness = rain capital of the world :)

i was dreading playing golf on tuesday as it had rain forecast all week... low and behold it was glorious!! Even sat outside for a pint after with a beaming forehead :cool:

You get used to it - Inverness = rain capital of the world :)

How long does it take? I spent 30 years in a climate where we reached for a fleece if it dropped much below 20C, and it didn't rain - ever - in the winter!:)

Clear blue skies and 27 degrees here, and looks set to stay that way for the next week.

Normally there's more grey skies and rain here than in England over the summer period, so I'm going to make the most of it.

And over here at South East Kent it's not been that bad, sure we've had the occasional wet and blustery mornings . . . but other than that, I've seen worse.
Besides, because we - at least over Southern and Eastern parts of the UK - have been spoilt in terms of dryness and above normal temperatures in the past two years, it comes as a "shock" when our climate actually reverts to what is it's normal pattern.
What is happening at the moment is how April should be in terms of our climate - after all, it's still the "winter" side of the year. In my books, proper summer-type weather doesn't kick in until June, anything before that is considered to be the exception rather than the norm.
Since I'm not that much of a heat lover I can live with that.

And I'm typing this with the sun streaming through my west-facing hobby room window.

I hate the bloody rain, us brickies melt in it :LOL:
Dundee's one of the sunniest places in UK apparently, but lately its been horrid, and it generally makes me miserable. Sunnydays are happy days (y)

I don't mind for this weekend but i have my fingers crossed hoping for good weather next weekend as it is a bank holiday weekend. :)

If it was only the rain I could live with it, but this endless cold East/North East wind is a horror. It has my eyes watering when out for a walk.

Yep, rained everyday here for the past two and a half weeks. All I ever see is rain on the forcast.

I think I saw blue sky briefly for about 10 minutes today. Havent taken the camera out in those 2 weeks ... :(

Is anyone else just getting a little bit fed up of seeing rain on every days 5 day weather forecast....

:shrug:

Yes. To make it worse I bought a new road bike just a couple of weeks ago and have only been out maybe 5 times. Going to have to invest in some unsightly mudguards and some water proof clothing if this continues any longer!

I love living in Britain but the big gripe I have is the weather. It sucks. If it isn't raining there's usually a howling gail to take the edge off any warmth from a rare sunny spell.

Don't worry, there will be a long dry period starting next week, I'm digging a pond and I'm using the rain that falls on the roof of my barn and workshop to fill it, the liner will be in next week and no more rain will fall for months :LOL:

seeing it? I am more fed up of having to sit in it for 2 hrs at a time shooting football matches... even the best rain gear doesnt stop some seeping through :( I couldnt believe it last night.. the only time it stopped rainign was when i was packing up at the end of the game :(

i dont mind a bit of rain but its taking the mick lately ..

and my missus reckons she saw somehting on the news saying its not the right rain to help stop the drought? eh ? :)

Tell me about it. I spent all day Monday walking round a reservoir and wading in it on a shoot, then had a brief respite from it on Tuesday, only to be stuck in gales and lashing rain on Weds. Today was on-off down in Kent and tomorrow looks to be miserable - have to sit in a boat on a 400-acre reservoir until the angler catches his eight-fish limit :(

rain, rain, rain, rain, sleat, sleat, hail, rain....

Back into the office today and gues what - the sun is splitting the sky now !

Mornin' all from a sunny Folkestone. :naughty: Still lacking that real warmth, though.

Yep I can beat that... rain cost me a £500 repair and a cold and wet wait for a flatbed on the M6 :(

Am peed off with it too, not just the rain but the temperature is way down to what it should be here in North Wales
I should be out shooting the Spring butterflies but theres bugger all out yet:crying:
Pete

angry-smiley-055.gif
Just had a telephone call ... looks like my photography day in the New Forest on Sunday has been cancelled due to the threat of heavy rain and strong winds ... I hate this country's weather, you can't plan anything reliably because of the weather!

I really really don't mind. Rain doesn't motivate me to go out, therefore more work is getting done.

If it carries on raining and windy and gross weather next week I wouldn't mind, but would like it to stop the week after once I've finished with my exams.

glad we are in the middle of a drought though.... I mean perish the thought how it would be if we got some truly wet weather....

I am just waiting for Anglian water to announce "It's the wrong kind of rain!"

Back