Feeding on Honey

Thank you guys :) Allan I use the Nikon 105mm f2.8 VR macro lens and yes I use tubes with it. Although these are handheld It was low down so I lay prone and had my elbows on the ground for support.

John, the detail on that is superb! I have not had anywhere near the success you have had with my extension tubes.

superb! (and very scary!)

Hi John , can I ask what extension tubes you use as I also have just recently bought said lens and am very happy with it but you cannot help but want to get even closer . Absolutely cracking sharpness and clarity to your shots mate , well done.

John
care to run us/me through your stacking technique in detail please :D
EXCELLENT pic, as always
regards
tman

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Very nice mate:)

Thank you Rhod :)

John
care to run us/me through your stacking technique in detail please :D
EXCELLENT pic, as always
regards
tman

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you , Just seven images taken at different focal points and the images stacked using combine ZM. I load the seven images into the software and then do a soft stack , i dont really know much about the other features of combine ZM yet.

John
you say you hand hold !
do you just move back and forth slightly and take several pix ?
or do you physically move the focus ring and take several pix ?
also what about lighting and background ?
any info much appreciated
regards
tman ;)

Last edited:
tman said:
John
you say you hand hold !
do you just move back and forth slightly and take several pix ?
or do you physically move the focus ring and take several pix ?
also what about lighting and background ?
any info much appreciated
regards
tman ;)

Handheld yes, elbows were supported on the ground though, focused by moving in , shoot, in a bit more , shoot , in more , shoot , etc. background was a piece of plastic sheet and lighting was single flashgun on a home made bracket with diffuser. I will add a pic of my setup later.

Back