female hotshoe covers i cant find them :(

im after the little silly bit of plastic that covers the flash's shoe, like here https://www.adorama.com/fplfxp009.html

any idea what to search for? im having no luck :(, want something as sonys foot design is terrible.

Do you just mean a cover to go over the existing hosthoe on the flashgun or an actual replacement foot/hotshoe to repair a flashgun (as per your link)?

Why do you need a cap your flashgun foot? I know I'd lose that the first time I took it out my bag:0)
That was my thought.

I always leave the caps off USB devices, trying to keep them safe is just delaying the inevitable.

im after the little silly bit of plastic that covers the flash's shoe, like here https://www.adorama.com/fplfxp009.html

any idea what to search for? im having no luck :(, want something as sonys foot design is terrible.

There's no accounting for tastes. One of the reasons I've stuck with my Sony A77 rather than upgrading to the A77 ii, is that the A77 has Minolta's unusual flash shoe, which I think an excellent design, and the new A77 ii has the new more standard foot, allegedly compatible with Nikon and Canon's flash shoes. The new one takes longer to put on and take off, and is more liable to come off by accident. I have flash guns and flash triggers with both styles of foot and much prefer the old style. I can't see what these protective shoes would do to protect your flashgun's feet, unless you're in the habit of letting your naked unbagged flashgun rattle around inside a bag with a pile of lenses, batteries, and other unbagged or uncompartmentalised gear. In which case I think you're at risk of many more kinds of damage problems than just a chipped flashgun foot.

On the other hand I'm sure the reason Sony decided to go for the new standard kind of flashgun foot with its latest camera bodies was because they take your kind of attitude to the old Minolta flash foot rather than mine. :)

thanks oranegcroc :) now to find it at a not silly price...
This was top of the search list when I looked.

@the others. There are a load of delicate contacts at the front of the Multi Interface shoe so they're worth protecting. Yes, the auto-lock shoe is fast and robust but is limited to flash; the MI shoe could handle much more than that if Sony developed more than just a microphone for it.

There's no accounting for tastes. One of the reasons I've stuck with my Sony A77 rather than upgrading to the A77 ii, is that the A77 has Minolta's unusual flash shoe, which I think an excellent design, and the new A77 ii has the new more standard foot, allegedly compatible with Nikon and Canon's flash shoes. The new one takes longer to put on and take off, and is more liable to come off by accident. I have flash guns and flash triggers with both styles of foot and much prefer the old style. I can't see what these protective shoes would do to protect your flashgun's feet, unless you're in the habit of letting your naked unbagged flashgun rattle around inside a bag with a pile of lenses, batteries, and other unbagged or uncompartmentalised gear. In which case I think you're at risk of many more kinds of damage problems than just a chipped flashgun foot.

On the other hand I'm sure the reason Sony decided to go for the new standard kind of flashgun foot with its latest camera bodies was because they take your kind of attitude to the old Minolta flash foot rather than mine. :)

im talking about the new "standard" but not standard design, not the much better minolta one...

mis can do evf (couple of models, s***ty evf modual) flash, and gps (no model, was in previous a mount cameras) and isnt that standard, and the flashes have weak flanges

Back