Beginner Female Kingfisher back again :)

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
The 3 big photos of her are almost zero crop, she was that close with my 200-500 Nikon. Amazing bird and so beautiful, I'll never tire of seeing her. Hope you like the last shot, I don't usually photoshop, but thought the burst of colour against the B&W background looked quite nice. Shame about the foliage in the foreground out of focus, my PS skills aren't that good to remove them lol.

Kingfisher 16-12-18 (2 of 3) by AndyThilo, on Flickr

Kingfisher 16-12-18 (3 of 3) by AndyThilo, on Flickr

Kingfisher 16-12-18 (1 of 3) by AndyThilo, on Flickr

Kingfisher 16-12-18 Burst of Colour by AndyThilo, on Flickr

Fantastic shots Andy great feather detail. I also never tire of seeing them as you say they are beautiful.I live on the riverbank and often see them from my lounge window.Hopefully one day I will get some images of this quality.:)

Fantastic shots Andy great feather detail. I also never tire of seeing them as you say they are beautiful.I live on the riverbank and often see them from my lounge window.Hopefully one day I will get some images of this quality.:)

Thanks Christoph. To see them everyday would be amazing! Next wish to get some flying/diving shots. Unfortunately the lake we were at was frozen so she couldn't dive for food.

Excellent close ups! And such a difficult small shy bird to get close to! I once spent a few weeks devoting most of my spare time to trying to get some good shots of a local pair of kingfishers, but all I managed to get was a good education in how difficult that is! Plus some rude remarks about the image quality of my general purpose just-in-case 18-250mm lens. I did in fact turn up a few times with my best long lens, tripod, etc. but those times never coincided with the appearance of the kingfishers :-(

Back