Fenton Magistrates Court/Town Hall

Name
Jenna
Edit My Images
Yes
Fenton Town Hall was built in 1888, at the centre of a new development. There has been a court in Fenton since 1839, although the current building began as Fenton Town Hall in 1886.

This court has now been closed and the fate of the building is undecided. It means Stoke-on-Trent – the 13th biggest city in England – will no longer have its own magistrates court, for the first time since 1839. The Fenton building will now be sold of as part of the Government's plans to close 93 magistrates courts in cuts aimed at saving the taxpayer £41 million.

The local community has started a campaign to save the building, as it is not listed and therefore could be demolished.

If you would like to get involved, see what is happening, and be kept informed of any updates, please visit and join us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/friendsoffentontownhall/

Fenton Magistrates Court/Town Hall by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

Fenton Magistrates Court/Town Hall by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

The full set... http://www.flickr.com/photos/ravenphotography2012/sets/72157633194540596/with/8631111116/

Last edited:
First one is great HDR work, even though it's still a bit much I'm sure some would say... I like it!

You could try perspective cropping, if you really want to... But it works for me.

The 2nd one doesn't do much for me... it's just a hallway.

Something about the shadows in the 3rd one do something to my eyes that I don't like... yikes!

Cool pictures, good job getting out there!

I like this set, there are some good HDR effects, especially on the internal shots - great series and added history makes this a very interesting set :clap:

I'm no planning officer but I'm amazed that that building isn't listed. Is that a war memorial at the front ? Surely that can't be demolished.

Back