Ferrari 250 GTO - mini photoshoot

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Last year I started collecting 1:43 scale models. One collection I'm currently chasing is the Brumm 1:43 Ferrari 250 GTO collection. It's limited to 250 pieces of each particular livery. So far, I've got the first four out of fifteen. Another four are due to arrive this week :D one thing I disliked was how poor the standard wheels looked, so I upgraded them to some beautiful photo etched wheels. I had the camera to hand so took some photos of the process. All shots were lit using just a desktop lamp

Original wheels

During assembly

Old verses New

New shoes fitted

Collect a few 1/43rds myself and know that these can be a bit tricky to get decent shots.
Last shot of the first set is my pick, like the angle and light is just right.
Clive

Last edited:
Thanks coopers, ideally I would have liked some softer light but had nothing suitable to diffuse the lamp with. I'll try again when the next four arrive and get the wheel upgrade treatment :)

I think you've done a good job here. Lots of variety with your compositions, and some interesting results. I think some with a cleaner background might have more impact, but I understnad why you have included the boxes...they aren't worth as much without the box right?? ;)

Back