Few skateboarding shots - CC welcome :)

Name
Luke
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I posted up some skateboarding shot's a while back and took on board peoples opinions, one of these may ring a bell if you saw my other thread? Just after opinions on these :) Ignore the watermark, it's just something i did for someone who wanted the photos and i didn't want them taking credit :LOL: :p

360 Flip
360Flip.jpg

Nosegrind
Nosegrind.jpg

Shuv-it Tail Grab
ShuvTailGrab.jpg

Nosegrind
FSNoseWM.jpg

Look forward to your comments guys, cheers for looking!

Luke

good shots and full of information..perhaps too much
isolating the competitor from the background can be sooooo difficult

keep shooting

Thanks mate, yeh i don't want to OVERcrop as it will take too much out of the photo, i tried to leave a bit in to show the whole subject and to show the height of the ledge etc

Thanks mate

Why do you say i need a better lens? What would I be gaining?

he could mean a long lens wide open to separate subject and background more effectively...say 300 at ....it will cost you for a prime but they go wider...
a zoom probably will do f5.6 and when used close up may just blow the background enough
coupled to high speed should give appreciable results

Nice pics, #2 is my fav as you can see what's going on properly i.e. no background noise etc. Imho you should try to capture just the skateboarder and the obstacle they are using, nothing else unless it strengthens the image.

What lens did you use btw?

I use a 70-300 VR for my skate board shots and find it's perfectly capable of getting the shot. In fact I used to use the 70-300 G and found that to be great as well if you're short of cash.

Great stuff :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)

And tintin, it was my 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 sigma "macro" (not true macro lens)

Back