Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
Salmon and a Sea Trout I think?

Salmon1.jpg

Salmon2.jpg

Failure............:D

Salmon3.jpg

This is crapper than the other crap ones, but I liked the un pp`ed colours, is it a sea troot?

Seatroot.jpg

Nice shots, after trying that a few weeks back i know how hard it is to catch these in frame :clap:

Bugger... was asking where I could do this just the other week.. great shots... I wanna play :(

Bugger... was asking where I could do this just the other week.. great shots... I wanna play :(

You may be too late, the run should be over now.

These were taken at the fosse at Stainfroth, 2 miles north of Settle on the Ribble.About an hours drive for you mate.........(y)

You've got these really well considering how hard they must be to capture! I like the un PP'ed colours too.

I'm sure those Salmon are the Marks & Spencer variety!

Great capture.

You did very well to catch these (well not catch exactly).

The colours of the fish and the water on the rocks are great.

think these are salmon, as they have a bullet shaped head. great shots will great colour contrast/

Great takes min. They are cod and haddock by the way you can tell by the spots. Super stuff th0.

Thanks for the comments folks..........and Brian.

:withstupid: :D

Yep great shots (y) I can well imagine how truly tough getting them is.

You have to be quick as blazes, with a quick lens,a quick camera and a huge amount of luck............:LOL:

Edit.....and lots of storage for the inevitable amount of "oh bugger" shots.....:D

Last edited:
Well captured (y)
The first looks to me to be a sea trout, you can tell by the square tail.
Salmon have a concave tail as captured in your last shot.

Scenes like this can be seen on the Mersey now.
Quite a remarkable recovery considering.

I think the first three are salmon and the last is the sea trout.....:shrug:

No 1 is a cock Salmon
2&3 hen Salmon
Last one Sea Trout.

No 1 is a cock Salmon
2&3 hen Salmon
Last one Sea Trout.

Thanks Charlie..........(y)

Some of them landed on the rocks near me as they were attempting the falls, very tempting to try and grab one....:)

Thanks Charlie..........(y)

Some of them landed on the rocks near me as they were attempting the falls, very tempting to try and grab one....:)

They do not make good eating when they are that colour. Best to leave em in peace to spawn. Says I an ex poacher.

Words of wisdom and experience then.........:LOL:

Comes with age! I was very good though as I used to leave the odd fish on the gamies doorstep.:D

A very good ploy,I would assume, having never taken salmon from the river myself....:whistle:

:D

Great set, I would love to see them in action (y)

Back