Field Hockey Round 3

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
First game I shot with my 80-200L it was foggy :( Second was under floodlights, so was delighted to do a game last weekend with some decent light to give me a decent shutter of 250+ Woohoo. 8 from the set that I am quite chuffed with :-

#1 - Poor Background, but nice and sharp and like the "fight for the ball" capture.
477209680_KrxMT-M.jpg

#2 - Showing good technique hitting the ball, despite being on her own in the shot, quite liked it.
477210091_S3p69-M.jpg

#3 - Love this, the girl with the tongue out had just been totally skinned by the player out of focus and was rather unhappy about it!
477210032_LZrTs-M.jpg

#4 - She probably won't thank me for it, but the aggression in her facial expression really caught me here. Scary!
477209956_3bGXX-M.jpg

#5 Goal Celebration shot. Which I found really hard actually as they always run really fast back to the centre and look all different places.
477211424_gPLHL-M.jpg

#6 My story telling shot I suppose. I like the player looking to the others in the distance to make the shot, totally unaware she is about to get tackled.
477209125_7FDhs-M.jpg

#7 Like the symmetry of the players here.
477211086_LcMyy-M.jpg

#8 Shot at goal, which again I find quite hard, as I am not allowed behind the goal (hockey ball at 80mph would not be good I guess!)
477209383_HtAwF-M.jpg

C&C Would be awesome. It has really helped me (and cost me some money buying more kit) but feel I am slowly getting better thanks to TP!

Thanks,

Andrew

Can someone just let me know whether these can be seen ok?

Thanks

I can see them fine.

As a former player they a good shots...2. Could do with a closer crop IMO and to me 7. Is a little static. I'd have liked the final more one if the ball had been a little blured. And as for going behind the goal...if you are 5 yards plus from the posts you should be fine. Try the mens game...that shot would be travelling over 100mph. :D

Last edited:
I can see them fine.

As a former player they a good shots...2. Could do with a closer crop IMO and to me 7. Is a little static. I'd have liked the final more one if the ball had been a little blured. And as for going behind the goal...if you are 5 yards plus from the posts you should be fine. Try the mens game...that shot would be travelling over 100mph. :D

Many thanks for your comments. Much appreciated, will play with the cropping a bit more and will have a play in PS to see I can blur that ball a bit on the last shot.

Last edited:
number 4 wins it. soon as i seen the shot i knew it would be my favourite before seeing the rest. i have a thing for those closer shots with usually just one player in them.
i think the composition does it by her being on the right hand side rather than plum centre.
and the low viewpoint.

Back